1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau Max Damage Combo Compilation

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Johoseph, Nov 12, 2012.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

it makes sense.

2. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Well here's something awesome, I found a NH combo off of [2_] 46 [P] that gives 80 damage on more than half the cast in both stances. This is pretty significant, since it gives Lau that threat that he needs when he gets a CH 2p!

The combo off of [2_]46[P] is:

4[P][+][K][P][+][K], !2[P], wc [K]

Bang, 80 damage. This combo works up until Jacky (doesn't work on him). What happens here is that the 2p will give a small refloat when you hit it on the floor (you see a bit of dust rise up), which gives enough room on chars lighter than Jacky to hit the crouching [K] . You have to delay the 2[P] for a frame, though, if not it'll hit in the air and you don't get a refloat, use a 66 dash to do this, so the command becomes 662[P] . On characters lighter than middle weight (Sarah, Vanessa, Pai and Lion), I use a backdash instead of a front dash, since I think you need to delay the 2p for two frames, and it seems easier this way (maybe because the 2p hits on a later frame or something, dunno for sure). It's a little less reliable on these characters, but even if you can't get the guaranteed combo, if you hit it a frame afterwards, it's a just frame tech for the opponent, which is still very hard. On superlightweights (Aoi, Blaze and Eileen), skip this combo and use 4[P][+][K][P][+][K], 6[P][+][K][P][+][K], which deals 78 damage on NH, but is 100% reliable.

Also, this combo doesn't work on Shun, because he's an asshole. Instead, you can use [2_]3[P][P][+][K], 3[P][P][K]. 75 damage.

Against Jacky weight and up I couldn't find a suitable replacement combo. Maybe there are none.

For me, this combo means 46[P] is now a viable move to use against a lot of characters. Because of the execution required to use it from standing, it seems to only be useful after moves that leave you crouched in advantage, ie. 2[P] and 1[P] .

It's also good to know that [2_]46[P] is a double handed move, so it can't be reversed or sabaki'd (except by Aoi).

All in all, I'm pretty happy I found this, just the thing I felt Lau needed :)

GodEater likes this.
  3. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    That's a nice find Krye, can't wait to try it out!

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Here's some lightweight combo's for 46p! I forgot to check Eileen and Blaze, so I'll come around to them some other time.

46p: open/closed

Aoi: [P], 2[P][+][K], 3[K][P][P]/idem
    Sarah: [P], 2[P][+][K], 3[K][P][P]/ [P], 6[K], !2[P] . [2_]3[P][P][+][K]
    Shun: [P], 6[P][+][K][P], wc[K]/[P],6[K],2[P], wc[K] (you can use this combo in open too, but the wc[K] can be exact recovered)
    Pai: [P],6[K],2[P],6[P][+][K][P][+][K] /idem
    Lion: [P], 6[K], !2[P], 6[P][+][K][P][+][K]
    Vanessa: [P],2[P][+][K], 3[K][P][P]

It's probably quite a hassle to have a different combo ready for each of these characters, but I'd keep the combo's vs Vanessa and Aoi in mind, since these deal 10 damage more than the regular one! Maybe use other ones vs a regular opponent or something.

I'm starting to have fun figuring out these silly combo's! Gonna have a look at 46[K][+][G] at some point this week. That move seems to have some nice potential in oki.

5. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Awesome. Gonna update it when I get home today. Re-made the format to be character based instead of combo starter based.

I think it works out better for someone sitting in training mode working on combos for that character. If you're looking to cram info on certain combo starter enders though it's a bit more inconvenient.

Either way, with the advent of the Content Managers and combo lists about to be updated, this whole thread could become obsolete :) Still have the old format though in case everyone thinks this one isn't good.

6. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Updated it with most of Krye new combos. Thanks!

Also just going to note that I'm beginning to fill in Lau's Combo List on the actual site. Not looking for input right now (it's pretty bare), but once I get most of the combos filled out, I'll need the Lau community to help me spot omissions and such.

7. Guyjin

Guyjin Member

On Aoi or Eileen in open stance or Blaze in either, replacing the ender with [9]+[K]+[G], [P] does 79 damage.

Krye likes this.
  8. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Aight, just found a nice combo off of 46p on taka!

46p, 66k+g, 4p+kp+k/33ppk for 66/67 damage, in either stance. 4p+kp+k gives you better oki, though that's debatable since 33ppk can go into kokei.

This is a lot better than the 46p, p, 9k+gp I used before, makes the matchup even more fucked up for taka, hehe.

(Remember to hitconfirm 3k into pp, makes the matchup incredibly fucked up for taka!)

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed it's already in the list... sorry!

9. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    As promised: 46k+g combo's

Eileen: [2_] 3pp+k, 6p+kp+k (I couldn't find heavier damage combo's that were consistent)
    El Blaze: same combo as above

Aoi: p, 2p+k, 3kpp
    Lion: same combo as above, but you have to delay the initial p for a bit
    Vanessa: same as lion

Shun: p, 6k, 2p, [wc] k
    Pai: p, 6k, 2p, 6p+kp+k
    Sarah: same as pai

Lau: delay for a bit, then [2_]3pp4pp for better oki, or [2_]3pppp2k, for max damage (2 more I think)
    Kage up to Jean are the same combo. Up to Goh, you can also do p, 3kpp for the same damage as [2_]3pp4pp.

The delay at the start is important, as the combo will whiff in one of the stances if you don't (haven't looked at which one that is).

I haven't looked at the heavyweights yet.

46k+g is very nice on oki, since it's a safe (-6) NH launcher, so it takes care of both abare and crouching opponents. I haven't checked if it's safe on evade. Next thing I'm gonna look for is ways to set this up as a tech trap. It's a bit too slow and telegraphed to use in other situations I think.

Finding these combo's has opened up so many new moves for me, gotta reshape my entire game...

10. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Nice, I might have to check some of these combos out and I have my own too.

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

For a combo like "Kokei [3][P] > [2_][3][P][P][P][+][K][+][G] > Kokei [P][P][P] (73)", is there a specialcommand/buffer/shortcut I need to be doing to quickly go to the[2_][3][P] after the launcher? I remember learning something like this for his old crumple off of [6][P][+][K] in vanilla 5 but have since forgot what to do.

12. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Personally I do it 11~3PP+K, that is a crouch dash backwards to get into FC because you can't go forward due to to 33P being it's own move, but it requires a bit timing for the superknife to execute as fast as possible and for the combo work reliably, just keep praticing.

KrsJin likes this.
  13. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I do the ol 323P

KrsJin likes this.
  14. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Oh yeahhh, that's what it was. Thanks you two!

15. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hi guys, I'm the new Lau CM. Altought I recently started to play with the Tiger guy, I saw that the combo section needs some work to do. With your help we can complete the combo section and spread the power of his kung fu across the World!!!
    So if you see any combo missing or any mistake in the future don't be shy and let me know so that I can fix it.

Myke likes this.
  16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok, most of the work is done. Something still need to be fixed, but finally Lau Chan has his combo section :D

Finding combo not listed was fun and If you have something better or for specific purpose (If you can land a nice meaty afterwards). You know what to do (I mean post it here).

Also some feedback will be really apreciated from the lau veterans :D

17. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Nice job, the Lau combo section was very bare bones before this, good that you took up the task of making it on par with the other chars.

Pai~Chun likes this.