1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau meaties?

Discussion in 'Lau' started by cmase1989, Nov 14, 2015.

1. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

as the title suggests, what are some of laus meaties? the only one i know is 6p+k,p followed up by 46k+g. Otherwise I end combos in 33ppk~p+k+g for kokei mixups but im curious what else he has. After a sweep I find 33p4 to be really useful as well but I havent explored all of his options yet.

2. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    I think I read somewhere that [2][P][+][K] and [K][+][G] were decent, both with Kokei shenanigans to follow up with. Haven't tried them out myself, though.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I'm not an expert of Lau's setups but I usually like to use [2][P][+][K] after [2][K][+][G] and usually I get a meaty attack. But 2P+K is only active for only 3 frames so maybe isn't the best move to use in this situation. If @Krye cold share something I'm sure we can find something more about this old man's meaties.

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Hi guys, it's been like a year since I played, so I can't really be sure about anything anymore, but I think 46k+g was my meaty of choice, because of the amount of active frames, combined with the fact it gives a combo if it hits.

Mix that up with some moves like 2k+g, throws and 4p+k/33p+k and you're good!

اِمراہِیل likes this.
  5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

After which combo do you use that? any particular way to setup it? Thanks for the tip @Krye