1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau Wiki

Discussion in 'Lau' started by J6Commander, Oct 24, 2007.

1. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Combos section is added but not complete. I'll try to update it from time to time. Enjoy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Word em up, thanks man.

3. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great information! Thanks man!

4. DieKrake

DieKrake Member

sry but where can i find the combos section^^

5. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm picking up lau and I noticed the other day while going the the list that a lot of his combos don't have dmg given, do you guys need someone to do it or was there a reason it was left out? I could post my findings up in here. Some of the Character specific labels are also wrong, I can list the ones I found that had this problem aswell.

7. J6Commander

I just didn't get around to list all the dmg. Can you list which character specific are wrong? As always, feel free to jump in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

Wow, this place is very quiet. Anyway, here's a nice & easy combo, no diagonals required /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    (CH) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    75 points, any stance, only on Akira, Kage, Goh, Jacky and all females. You can keep the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif held from the low punch and then just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for the slam, and you shouldn't need to hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif for the last bit.

9. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I think that works on other characters as well provided that you can time the LP correctly.

10. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

Awesome addition. I'll have to try that out on Dissy Pants.

Yah, it's been pretty quiet here lately. I played online with Dissy and a few other people yesterday. VF is still hella fun but I've got a huge backlog of games I'm catching up with.

Lau will return in all his reverse flipkick glory. While I was online yesterday with Diss I tried to invent a combo right there on the spot. Of course it wasn't quite what I wanted and ended up looking a lot like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. You can imagine how impressive Diss thought *that* was.

-Shiz

11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

That one has kind of been the default combo for that move if you don't think ahead enough to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or if you are like I once was and you have a hard time doing that move from the right side.

I usually use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead because it has the advantage of potentially setting up your opponent for one of those awesome face down, ass-up tech roll combos which are ultra satisfying.

12. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

If you can pull off /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, why not just go for a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combo? Still sets up that tech trap, I believe.

13. J6Commander

Nice find! This does best damage for Akira. Added to combo wiki /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

14. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

Here's some more:

(CH)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for Wolf in closed stance, 74 points

Side crumple -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    This does 83-88 points, and I am doing it from OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. It is much harder or impossible off a sidekick. I think this works on all except Shun, Blaze, Eileen, Pai, Aoi. Might not always work in open stance. Kage and Goh take the most damage.

(CH)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    For Shun, does 69 points from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, 2 points less than his max damage combo but takes off a drink point. Start from closed stance.

(CH)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    This is a weird one, normally does 70 points, but will do 80 points if there is no delay on the first 2 hits. Works on light and most midweights. Needs to start from open stance to get the big damage, except for Eileen/Pai/Aoi who can do it from either.
    *edit* btw please tell me this isn't a dojo bug /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I forgot to post about this but after a counter hit Kokei K you can dash in and 4+P+KP4PP this does more damage than the traditionnal dash in 2P P4PP and is easier imo. I have to check if it works on everyone/every stance though.

What's the best damage guaranteed off a P+K into wall stagger ?
    so far I've been spamming 3PPPK cause I love that high full circular finisher :p
    I remember trying 2+P+K, P4PP but this maybe struggle dependant.
    I guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif should also work what do you gyus use ?

16. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

I have tried this and can't hit it on heavier characters. My preferred followup is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif because I'm lazy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Also you can dash in and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to take 2 drink points off Shun, for lousy damage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the best damage guaranteed off a P+K into wall stagger ?
    so far I've been spamming 3PPPK cause I love that high full circular finisher :p
    I remember trying 2+P+K, P4PP but this maybe struggle dependant.
    I guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif should also work what do you gyus use ?
    </div></div>
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Both do 92 points off a MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, 93 off a sidekick, 95 off /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Also in the first one you can do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for even more damage on Jeff and maybe others?

17. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

After 6+P+K (CH), 3+PPPK will connect on some characters it will do 74.
    The good thing with this one (appart the fact that it is very easy to pull off) is that it is pretty hard to tech roll due to the last circular hit, hence you can often go for a small down attack for an additionnal 13 damage. This brings the damage to 87 !

18. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

Here's another max damage combo, for lightweights in any stance:
    (CH)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (73 points)

19. stanleyfun25

stanleyfun25 Member

I usually use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead because it has the advantage of potentially setting up your opponent for one of those awesome face down, ass-up tech roll combos which are ultra satisfying
    =================
    Hello, I am new to Lau . What combos do you use when the opponent is face down, ass-up ?
    I am eager to know ~
    Thanks a lot ~

20. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I am feeling helpful so I'll tell you!

Do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. If it is a counter, yuor enemy will crumble slowly. Hit him w/ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Then wiggle the stick between /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif to sort of crouch dash forward. Wait to see if he tech rolled. If he did, hit him with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. That's why you wiggle the stick: If you just hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif you would get Lau's down attack. The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will cause a crazy stagger. Don't ask me why, but your enemy can't block the kick. Then hit him quickly with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif! It should float the player. Then do a combo.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't say that Happy Friend don't care about the community.