1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Launching With PK's!

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Lucky_GT, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Damage wise he will be around the same as the best chars I guess
    I think the main advantage of Jean that GT mentionned is that even if it is guarded he has a mixup whereas other chars are just at disadvantage. So if the opponent waits too long he gets mixed up.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Eileen can get good dmg against the middle weights using 6PPK or 6PPc.214K+G Against heavier chars like jacky/akira you only get 6PPK if you're in closed stance, in open stance you only get 6K if they don't tech roll, so you can at least force a tech and have all day to use 236P as a meaty to get some stupid adv on block. So we're talking 55dmg for the 6K and we're talking closer to 64 dmg with the 6PPc.214K+G.

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I just want to mention that OS Vanessa has [P][3][P]. It might not be as safe as a [P][K] and has a shorter reach but, on the plus side, it's mid and crumples for 66+ damage on CH

Thus OS Vanessa's position in GT's tier list is not that penalizing.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  5. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    yea i figured this out awhile back. Jacky 4 example can get up to 55dmg using P~K(Ch)2p9k.on lightweights. for mid weights just 9k and its stance dependent. Pretty cool when you pull it off but its rare like GT was basically saying

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

So eileen's stuff only works if she's point blank with the PKCH hits. otherwise she can't reach her opponent fast enough to hurt them.

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    One of the few instances height effects combos.

8. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I just quickly fiddled with something..
    Jacky (Closed) P(CH)K -> 4K -> 2P -> 7K = 77 on lightweight (Pai)
    Against heavier characters I guess 4KKK is best, some timing required on different characters. Usually first 4K asap and second hit slightly delayed. If they dont exact tech the knockdown, do ground kick.

Open stance nothing much seems to work besides 9K... on lightweights (Pai), can do full lightning kick string 2K+GKKKK for 72 but its bad due to massive recovery afterwards.

This seems to be one of Jackys least useful combostarters (due to the fact that nothing seems to work afterwards) and its not like he needs it..

If opponent is going to attack after blocking P, feel free to compare to P (blocked) -> 6P+K and its 120ish damage potential :p
    How many 11f jab characters there were again? :)

ps. Disclaimer: I didn't really "test". Just went to dojo for two minutes. Maybe I test more afterwards, maybe I don't, but what I saw dissuaded me from continuing further since this really seems like a move after which Jacky doesn't get anything special.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  10. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    ^ I'll add to this. Shun: Opposite stances- PK(CH)>4k>2p>9k 68dmg
    Pa,Li,Sa,Ve: OS- PK(CH)>4K>2p>1PPK 79dmg P(K)>4k>2p>6K;G>9k 81dmg
    El,Ei,Ao: OS-P(K)>4k>9k 61dmg?
    Jean: Closed stances: P(K)>2p>9k 58dmg
    Sh,Pa,Li,Sa,Ve OS: P(K) >4k> 2p 7k 77dmg
    4kkk ender OS Light-Midweights only.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  11. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
  12. HomebredTripod

HomebredTripod Well-Known Member

that's right dosha be sad :p. taka has lots of good stuff about him. I though taka ppp launched or something on counter hit.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  13. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    LOL no.

14. HomebredTripod

HomebredTripod Well-Known Member

well to bad for you. you always have 6k for that I guess. :p

15. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Oh i didn t see this thread, nice... A lil info, i did a quick test with eileen, van OS can hit the opponent with a 1k. She has a combo too, vs van after pk (k ch) u can follow with 2kpp. I will edit my post if i find something else...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014