1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion (3P+K+G) and 4PP

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mackfactor, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Lion (3P+K+G)

"Lion.s 3P+K+G has a property of dodging many different moves in disadvantage, but it varies with stance or opponent.s character. It.s one of those moves that require some extensive study"

I was readig vf4 info, and i came across this... does anyone know any situations that 3pkg will dodge?
    Another one is if anyone can give me the specific detail on the evasive properties of 4PP.

2. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
  3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

3P+K+G will duck under high kicks, it's similar to an OM in that it just moves the hitboxes around.

4PP will duck under highs right from the very first frame.

I think it just went around it, it's hard to tell which activated first on the youtube vid but it can be interrupted by mids so it can't have gone under the 2P despite how it looked.

Supposedly for best results with regards to OM your supposed to use it at around +4, seeing as Chibita got hit by a rising kick putting him at disadv before he abared with it...I don't know how that worked lol.

Best I can say is that it just moves the hit boxes around.

4. AnimalStaccato

Upon asking TxLions opinion;

Seems like this is a niche tool that everyone has their own opinion of.

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Personally i only use [3] / [9] [P] [K] [G] for fun & showing off. Same with [1] / [7] [P] [K] [G] really. I feel that, as far as hitbox-based evades go, OM tends to work more.

Btw, can Lion be low thrown out of his evades (the same way Brad can be low thrown out of his phasing turn)?

6. AnimalStaccato

I'm pretty sure I've been low thrown outta 1/3PKG, it would make sense seeing as it ducks under high kicks so your technically crouched.

1PKG I reckon is better at evading a rising kick than a OM because it takes you out and backwards. But neither OM and 1PKG are all that reliable for evading rising kicks in my exp.

7. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Probably a no brainer, but I just remembered I use 3/9+PKG into throw sometimes. It's quick and most people freeze up when they see that evade, expecting you to attack out of it. Good on wake ups.