1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Feedback

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SG-Lion, Dec 26, 2001.

1. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Have been investing 'substantial' amount of money and time on VF4 Lion. Just to provide feedback on the what I have learned so far...

1. Jeffry 'Shot Knee' works against the d+P setup from Lion. 2. Jacky back-shuffling move is further than Lion's d/f+K+G. Any feedback to go offense on this?
    3. Don't abuse b,d/f+P against Lau. Very bad if the Lau's timing is correct, Lion will get hit by big time combo.
    4. Becareful when play against Fei in arena with wall. Received nasty combo because Lion is light and Fei is fast, and the Lion's body keep bouncing from the wall. :(

That's all for the time being... most feedback is welcome. I looking forward to improve my Lion.

SG-Lion
    Singapore

2. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Hmm... For Jacky's Shuffle Step, wouldn't rushing forward to interrupt with a P, and then moving on to something else in the flowchart a better alternative ?

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hehe, my rule of thumb is not to abuse b,df+P on anyone/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Guess this applies to most moves, but as much as I nail people with the nasty low poke, I constantly remind myself to only do it when I'm very certain it will hit. I think just about everyone has a nasty response to it.

Just about every character has some nasty response to low punches. I haven't found that many good answers to the low punch with Lion when the opponent has a decent advantage aside from dodging (or blocking, but I find it important to not allow my opponent to run some low punch flowchart on me so I prefer to punish the low punch directly).
    *Lion's u+K works if Lion has a frame advantage or opponent is slow with the low punch. If Lion has a decent frame advantage, the knee will do well to stuff low punches and allow Lion to execute a flowchart from there. I personally enjoy using hop attacks quite a bit as well.

It's easy for a Lion player to get too aggressive against Lei Fei, but my personal experience suggests that attacks against Lei Fei be very careful. There are just so many priority(MC)-->huge combo-->Oki-Punishment that works nicely for Lei Fei against poke-heavy Lion players.

Low Punch provides many strong flowcharts, but no matter what character you are using, you will naturally do yourself well to learn many other flowchart starters. With all the low punch whoring I've been seeing here and there (from myself as well as others), I really love all the anti-low punch setups that I've been seeing lately. It's definitely making a lot of the VF4 matches look really beautiful. Shun's u+K, Akira's b+P+K+G or low reversal, Lei Fei's crane stance (someone let me know if this doesn't catch low punches, but I swear I've been doing it a lot every now and then), dodges, etc...

I'm definitely having fun finding new things with my Lion and experimenting with the game quite a bit. Sometimes I feel there's just nothing new I can figure out, but eventually the game surprises me and opens up a whole new world of things every now and then.

-Chanchai