1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion VF4 FAQ

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Big Dipper, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Four fifths complete.... The Brotherhood of The Lion seeks your input. We will send the FAQ and strategy guide to any and all who would care to help develop this unfinished document. Anti-Lion ideas are also welcome. email: nycat@thelion.com or post your thoughts here Thx.

2. Big Dipper

we will soon have mpeg of Toronto gathering this past weekend. In CreeD's posted Shinz vs. Moonsuk ( Akira vs. Lion) in round three Lion does a 9K ( d/f+K) sidekick and then follows it up with 3P+G (b+P+G) throw. The player formerly known as Akira-Kid ( Shinz) then closes w/ 3K ( u/f+K) and 9P (d/f+P) and all seem to connect smoothly. Please view this file and let me know how you interpret the sequence. Thx in advance for your help.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm confused by your numeric system. This is not to be offensive or anything, but the numeric system I'm used to is:

Just thought I'd let you know to help you guys come out with an EXCELLENT VF4 Lion doc :)

-Chanchai

4. Big Dipper

Is this the preferred representation in Korea and Japan? I was using the telephone pad which is reverse of your mentioned preferred system. Thx for your support. W/ ideas coming from the best in Korea, Japan, Canada and the US it should be a fun read w/ loads of ideas to try and argue about!

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Just wanted to reiterate what Chanchai said, your system is off, the japanese/korean convetions are based on the keypad seen on most keyboards.

As for the sequence you saw, the sidekick staggered akira, Lion dashed forward while he was stumbling and did the throw, and the throw killed akira. The rest of it was just showing off for fun, you can do anything you want to your opponent's dead body after the round has been won.

6. Big Dipper

Thank you for the clarification on computer keypad vs. telephone pad and the excellent explanation of the sequence of events in a super VF4 battle. CreeD Rocks!