1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion

Discussion in 'Lion' started by perry_warren, Apr 1, 2002.

1. perry_warren

perry_warren Member

When is it a good time to use the meteor punch. Should I use it instead of evading sometimes. Do I do it on kicking attacks, or punching. Please help me out

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Use the search.

Understand these concepts first:

-Sabaki
    -Reversible and Non-reversible attacks.. ie , HP, MP, LP, HK, MK, SM, EL, KN, --
    -Crumble ie Head, Stomach, Leg
    -TR vs QR
    -Back stagger due to TR from Head Down and face toward

Why is the Meteor Punch one of Lion's best moves?
    Consider its properties:

-Sabaki vs HP, HK, EL, MK (note MP is not in the list)
    -Instant and flexible sabaki window
    -Stomach Crumble on hit

3. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

Sabaki vs HP, HK, EL, MK (note MP is not in the list)

Lion's Meteor Punch can also sabaki Knees

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It can not sabaki "side kicks"
    I'd have to double check if it works against knees.

To the original poster. Yeah, you can use it instead of dodging... i.e. when you have 1~3 frame disadvantage and you expect one of the listed attacks as your opponent's counter attack. You won't stop a low puncher, but most people in a tight situation will poke with high punch or elbow... Lion wins big time there.

5. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

It works againt knees. I tested it out on Wolf, Sarah, Akira, Lion, Jacky and Jeffry.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Alright, good to know. Thanks.

7. DrLovesAlot

DrLovesAlot Member

I may be wrong but I have personally tested it and have found it not to work against knees. If I am wrong (which I'm not), then maybe we can get together and compare phds sometime.