1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's K+G, K, K

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Rulakir, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Have a question on Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif move. It seems to be neigh unbeatable, and I was wondering what are the options available to Lion and the opponent.

From a Lion perspective, the flows seem fairly logical and simple:
    - Cancel into Throw,
    - Cancel into /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    - Cancel into another Mid or Low Move
    - Cancel into other pressure moves

Using it when the opponent is about to do a low rising kick seems like a good move, and if the distance is gauged properly, works fairly nicely.

From an Opponent's perspective though, at -14 (for the 2nd and 3rd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif), this seems pretty hard to overcome. Have tried:
    - Evading the sequence
    - Throwing a punch to interrupt
    - OM P or K during the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or 2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif portion, but it tracks
    - Reversals don't seem to come out because the character was still in guard animation

Now, I am somewhat stumped on what to do for this, especially when Lion goes into overdrive and spams this move. Its not so bad when I am the one using Lion, but as other characters, this does not seem as easy. Any advice from anyone on how to "break" this canned sequence ? ?

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

How about DM P+K to beat the sequence?

3. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

You can punch them out of it before the 3rd kick... This happens to me a lot, especially when I do only the two-parter from his 6P+K+G stance. They can hit you before the last kick if they time it right...

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I typically just punch lion out of it after the 1st hit if he likes to go for the whole string as it's pretty easy to hit check it since it's so slow between 1st and 2nd kick.

5. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, will definitely give that the P approach a try, but have not really had any luck so far.

Are there any other options beyond just a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif ? I know that some moves will beat it simply by virtue of the frames involved (ie. Kage's hop kick), but are there common moves that can be used too ?

If I remember correcly, DM+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is tracked by this canned sequence too. Will need to give this a shot on xbox live to know for sure though.

6. XxLegaiaxX

XxLegaiaxX Well-Known Member

mmh....

7. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

hi hi,

I don't recall K+G,K,K is cancel-able like Aoi P,P->G-Cancel/K+G->G-Cancel. It would be nice if that's possible.

Does XBoxLive's Lion spam this move? I never know this move is abusable... will try in Bugis /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. XxLegaiaxX

XxLegaiaxX Well-Known Member

i want try this: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, while stand up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif....but i think that this can be used with kage, Aoi or Pai....i must prove it yet....

9. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    What's good about this move is that it's really bufferably - so bufferable even i can TEG /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

10. El_Diablo_Blanco

El_Diablo_Blanco Active Member

why would you ever finish this move its a guaranteed throw if they guard. On counter K+G on most characters you can get a P,K,P. And I am not speaking for anyone here but every Lion I have played that used the third part of this move I got to run up and throw for free every time.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    At -14 Lion's opponent should really by punishing with elbow-speed attacks, and not just a throw. Besides, as i've already mentioned, this string is so bufferable that even novice players can input throw escapes after it.