1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Sparring Partners (XBox 360)

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by tehmidcap, Apr 1, 2014.

1. tehmidcap

tehmidcap Member

Hello all!

My name's Mat, and my girlfriend and I are both newly-made Virtua Fighter addicts!

We used to occasionally play Tekken, because we thought that it was the best that fighting games got. Boy were we wrong! After downloading the demo of Final Showdown on the 360 and playing it a handful of times, we decided it was well worth the $15. A few days later, not only are we both completely hooked, but we both purchased fighting sticks to improve our game (neither of us having ever used a stick besides years ago in an actual arcade)... Now neither of us choose to use a standard controller to fight.

The balance and mechanics of this game are incredible. Tekken feels so clunky in comparison, and is too easily manipulated by simple button mashing. VF takes endless patience.

We are both looking to others to spar with that are close to our level -- We're about two or so weeks into playing, having the basics down but sanding edges. We've each been trying to use one character 80% of the time (or so) in order to master one at a time in a sense. Anyone looking to spar just send us a message saying you're from VFDC.

TehMidcap8 (mine -- Mat) (main Wolf)
    Hannah8791 (gf) (main Vanessa)

NOOB Question: is it worth the $7 to pick up a used copy of Virtua Fighter 5 Online having never played any except Final Showdown? Was thinking about it just for the added one player game modes and whatnot... or is Final Showdown that much better (/similar) that it's not necessary?

From my post in new starters, just to give you a background. Looking for some people to play Virtua Fighter with!

Most time not playing VF5FS is spent playing Forza (both 4 and Horizon) or NHL14, so if you're into either one of those games that's a plus. :) Mostly looking for some good humans to practice VF skills against, though.

Edit: Yes, North America. PA.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    soke likes this.
  2. soke

soke Well-Known Member

Are you in North America?

Add me - x1wayx

3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Same here look me up too my XBL tag is shadoolord1979. Playing new people on XBL is always good. I play Van some too as a 3rd character it should be a good learning experience for both of us.

4. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    You will have to send me a message if you wanna play, but my gamertag is BLACKSTAR84i

5. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Dogs can't play? You're gonna have a hard time finding matches buddy. There might be some human tags in the respective matchmaking threads though. I'd go there.

6. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Oh btw, to answer your question, you can think about Virtua Fighter 5 Online as a totally different game. It's great and we'll with the 7 bucks, but at the same time, don't think you can go back and forth between FS and the original VF5 as the characters and system play much differently.

Final Showdown is the newest and most relevant version, and the only one people still play online.

phanatik likes this.
  7. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Add me. XBL GT: i phanatik i

8. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Sorry to derail, but your energy used to post negative feedback about xbl's current vf status isn't relevant. How about donating your time for these new comers and let that be that.

Gurrens, ShinyBrentford and phanatik like this.
  9. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Hey you're in Pittsburgh? What County are you in cause I could surf over to your place sometime to play offline.
    Or/also you can add me on live "EvenPit" my account is sus right now but not for long next time i get on ill just add yall.

phanatik and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  10. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I can spar with you if you like, may gamertag is Craigbot.

11. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    If you read the quote I believe you will find that my message is just a lame pun and not intended as negative at all. However Im sorry if it comes off like that. I was in a weird mood haha! Good luck to Midcap finding games.

12. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

LOL you were being a negative Nancy and got told and now your trying to double back going "ha. ha. I'm corky." Anyway I have no problem finding games in Rank, but I also don't play rank that much cause well look at my friend list. I'm a popular lady. Honestly in Rank my rule is as long as we have a good connection I will play you. From 10 kyu to stormwhatever I'm game.

Anyway send me a Friend request and I will give you some games when I'm on.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Hui_Xiu likes this.
  13. SilverForte

SilverForte New Member

I know this is an old thread but feel free to add SilverForte58 and throw me a message.

14. Hui_Xiu

Hui_Xiu Active Member

XBL:
    HuiXiu
    I'll play too

XBL: HuiXiu

15. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    VF Live is a group that does weekly XBl tournaments and casual training rooms as well. This is a great place to connect if youre looking to play more VF.

The host is DigtlSamurai . Look for him or myself or any other name associated with VF Live if interested in joining up or simply meeting up for some fun.

16. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I'll play some matches if you still want to. Gamertag: DgtlSamurai KOF

There's also the VFLive training rooms and tourneys @Ytpme_Secaps mentioned above.

17. DC4ever

DC4ever Member

Hi VF community,

I'm sweet 44 years and the first time in my life into online play :D

I a big SEGA fan and love the VF series, but played only offline till now. I don't know how good or bad I am, but VF5 FS is the greatest fighting game ever and now with XBL Gold I will try to fight around in onlinematches.

If you want a fight dummy (probably) ... or maybe to be beaten to pulp by my Sarah (hmm, maybe), please feel free to add me if you play on X360.

Gamertag: DC4ever

18. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    If you ever want to play me in matches or for me to help teach you the game, message me on xbl or hit me up with a message here on VFDC.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  19. DC4ever

DC4ever Member

Hi, yes of course. But dont expect to much Im pretty medioca as I realised ;) But I love it and willing to learn - lookin for VF5 Gamers. Add me as a friend or I send you the next time im online with X360.

Cheers

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  20. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    GT is Jami San

love to play , love to teach, hit me up whenevs, message me if friend list is full