1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Low hit combos

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Caeolos, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Caeolos

Caeolos New Member

I play with a friend, and with other characters I can break his Mid guard using some combos that finish with a low hit. However, with Sarah I have some problems causa I can't find a good combo that does this. Any suggestions?

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

3. Caeolos

Caeolos New Member

I know that I can use Throw but i was looking for some combos...

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Why are you so concerned with combos? They can be memorized resulting in the lows being guarded. Mixing up your offense with throws is a great way to overcome a standing guard. Once your opponent starts to duck in anticipation of throws, using mids will then overcome their crouching guard. Conversely, if you find strings that end in lows, you can cut them short and go for mids if they anticipate a canned low. You'll see a link to command lists at top left corner of this site detailing the hit levels of all of her moves.

5. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Hello welcome to the forums, the Wiki should have all the information your looking for on Sarah strategies and combos,
    it'd be a good idea to check it out [​IMG]

Did you mean something to finish off combos with that hits low?

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

[P][P][2][K]
    FL [P][P][2][K]
    FL [6][P]+[K][2][K]:[K]:[K]
    FL [2]+[K],[P]+[G]
    [3][K]+[G]
    STEP [2][K]:[K]:[K]
    [2][K]+[G] + combo on counter hit
    [1][K]+[G][K] if first kick connects on CH you can confirm the second hit. Otherwise I suggest to leave it at that.

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You and the OP have combos mixed up with strings I think combos are guaranteed and cannot be blocked at any point.

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Strings is what I meant. It may be confusing since I used the word "combos" and then the word "strings" later on in the same post, but I meant the same thing. I thought it was pretty clear that he was talking about breaking a high guard (he referred to it as a mid guard) with a string ending with a low strike.

Anyway, Combolamma's last post answered the question.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal