1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Madcatz Round 2 Tournament Edition Arcade Stick (Playstation 3)

Discussion in 'Store' started by BlackGeneral, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    well, it's not like the SEs are terrible. they're good if you're on a budget and just want something to play with that isn't going to set you back a minimum of $150. if you plan on playing competitively, though, you're better off modding them by swapping out the stock parts with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts (or even Korean parts if you know how to solder/de-solder)

2. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

The stick I have goes for 150 bucks or more online and yea I know how to solder but like I said I dont even use sticks much, I am more able to with a ps3 controller even for events I can use a controller but maybe I will try a stick again.

3. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Surprised you found one for $40

4. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    if that's the case, it's probably either a discontinued Street Fighter SE stick you found used or pre-owned (which will set you back at least $140 or so nowadays) or a Madcatz TE that someone sold for way under what they probably could have gotten for it.

BlackGeneral likes this.
  5. SNAKE BOSS

It is not discontinued I can tell you that but I bought it in a pawn shop it was in good condition also in a box so its all cool.

6. SNAKE BOSS

[​IMG]Its this one that I have.

7. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    you got yourself a haul, then, for $40. that model comes with Sanwa parts right out of the box and it's a good tournament stick that can be modded relatively easily.

8. SNAKE BOSS

Hey BG do u have any older games for saturn or dreamcast and even ps1 that u can sell?

9. SNAKE BOSS

Cool. What mods are there though, what can u do to a stick except change the art work? When they say modded I think its kind of cheating or thats how it sounds to me so explain if u can.

10. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Nah i don't unfortunately.

11. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    there are really a lot of things you can do to mod it: you can swap the buttons, swap the joystick, install an optical joystick assembly instead of a regular joystick assembly (optical assemblies use infrared contact instead of physical buttons, it's much quieter than a regular joystick), install LEDs into the buttons, replace the PCB, etc.

also, as long as you don't mod your stick to have the ability to store programmed commands (like combos, etc.), you should be able to use any modded stick in tournaments.

12. SNAKE BOSS

Ok thanks for the info.