1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Marqee?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Andramelech, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    Not sure if this is a Marquee or just part of the Marquee. Does anyone have a better pic of this virtua fighter sticker found on the arcade machines?
    vf5marqee.jpg

It doesn't have to be this exact one, in fact a Final Showdown one would be best. It doesn't have to be a perfect scan either, (but that would be awesome). I mostly want to play with the design for a stick.

I found these two as well.
    marquee1.jpg

marquee2.jpg

I almost have enough to go by, to get the effect I'm looking for, but more would help. Or if you speak Japanese or know what the covered parts say in English that would help a lot to. I know there's a picture of all the characters with a couple sample moves as well, but I wouldn't be able to fit that on a brawlstick. I could copy that part of the design if I could see it better though..

2. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for. I don't have a scan of the marquee, or anything close, but if you don't know what it looks like, for reference, it looks like the card here that just has Akira on it.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/05/04/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-southtown-arcade-tournaments/

If you already knew that, well, I got nothin'. The 'how to play' thing, and the insert with the characters and a few moves goes above (well above, you couldn't really replicate it with a console stick) the stick, if you didn't know that. For lack of a better explanation, here's a crappy picture I took in Japan.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/MIAB13327/P100002110--12_zpsa6e458b9.jpg

You can't make it out, but the 'how to play' is to the right of the iced tea, and the area below is the character moves.

IcKY99 likes this.
  3. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I think what I wanted was the called the panel, maybe. The "how to play" part. I know how to play, I just wanted to make my stick look like that. Maybe even with the japanese characters. I may end up copying a virtua stick layout instead. Thanks for the pic. It may come handy in the future on some other project.

4. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

LOL, those are pics of my kits.

The marquee is the sign on the top of cabinets. Your picis of an instruction strip, commonly referred to as an obi in Japanese. That obi is for the export version of VF5 vanilla. It'll be quite difficult to find an obi for FS at the moment. I'm still looking for an R marquee. FS stuff will start trickling through once the new game is announced this year.

5. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    just asking but cant you get vf arcade sticks in the west

6. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    They have some yes, but I just wanted to model my stick after the artwork on the how to play part of the arcade machine. I've since just painted my controller, but feel free to post Marquee art if you wish. Someone else can probably use it.