1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Leonard_McCoy, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Who has a copy of it already? And what do you think about it? Heard it's bit lightweighted on the game modes?

2. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    Same,
    I wasn't gonna get it but I just had a dream where I was playing it and it was fun lol...

anyway what would be the best buy, MVC3, tekken, or the new blazblue?

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I'm gonna wait for the price to go down before I get it. It looks like a good game but I suck at 2D fighters so no sense in rushing to buy it.

One thing I give MvC fans props on is how they didn't have a new game for over a decade and still stayed loyal to their game.
    The only gripe I have so far with the series is how they've kept my boy The Punisher on the bench for all 3 games [​IMG]
    Gonna miss Blackheart and Juggernaut but that roster still looks like a lot of fun.

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

pfft. the punisher. 'mercy' bullets?

the crowd is crazy loyal to their game and very organized. I really like the video walkthroughs they did on each character.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

I won't get the game but that's more to do with my just not playing games - if I had the time, I'd dig this.

5. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

Yeah same.

With the whole DLC characters thing (who knows how many there will be?), I'm going to wait for it to hit 30$-40$.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

The graphic is awesome, and the training mode is cool you can spend a lot of time there. 3 players team work make this game complicated to achieve the combos but regular control is simple.

Btw, xbox360 version is twice big as PS3 version. I don't know why and maybe MS has some special content in the future.

7. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I got the game, dennis u have it on xbox or ps3.
    I wanted to get more involved in BBC2, but i thought alot of ppl will be playing this more.. so i got it.

Whats ur guys opinion on it so far, i bought it, havent opened it until i finish work
    ) :

8. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

My personal review

Graphics: Such a good effort from a 1080p Television, only relating to the Street Fighter 4 series of seeing similarity. From hindsight, the graphic designer's team responsible for this were successful, while the Street Fighter 4's designer team fell very short in their area of talent.

Sound: Average.

Music: Silly.

Gameplay, Stragedy, & Progression: Unamusing, yawning too much. My expectations from this field tend to be high from a decade later of a sequel. Despite that it seems like a demotion to the previous version, much familarity leads to a withdraw or short term interest. However, I also liked the idea of new characters, but far meets my satisfaction of what they are reduced to and expected more of an expansion, from move command data.

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I got PS3 one mack, and to be honest I don't think you would relly into this game competitive as VF:)

10. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    maybe ill play it once or twice and return it unless i like it. Blazblue seems like a better game to invest time with maybe.. they seem to be always patching that game up.

but ill have to wait and try and out for myself... but ya, i bought many games evr since i played VF and i havent payed much attention to any other games.. VF has killed my interest for other games which is kinda sad i may never enjoy another game as much as VF ):

11. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Play it and rock it. I've been playing for 3 weeks now, gets me my fix but I haven't had a lot of time to play it.

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I Bet a Majority of you guys could'nt stand part 2.
    I was interested but ill pass on paying full price. I can see the route this game is taking.. Too many Eclectic characters. I'll come across one from somebody looking to unload one.

13. TheWorstPlayer

14. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    same VF just sets the bar so high [​IMG].
    even blazblu got kind of boring after awhile (haven't tried the new one) felt like I was just doing the same few moves/tactics over and over since the move set is so small.

15. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence about MVC3 but I have to admit I almost fell into the hype when I played the demo of it at Best Buy. I had a freaking group of people gathered around me talking amongst themselves about how the game looked great and such. From the few playthroughs I had I have to admit I like it but the characters are the deal breaker for me. I can already tell Dante, Deadpool, Sentinal, Trish and Wesker are going to be annoying pain in the ass characters everyone plays.

I'll eventually pick it up when it hits discount bins sometime soon. Everyone who wants to buy this will probably already have it in a few weeks. I already have my two teams picked out... Ammy/MODOK/Shuma and Taskmaster/Doom/Hulk.

BBCS is good but if your like me and play it casually prepare for frustration. I think the game is fun just irritating when I lose 2/3 health in a combo because I ate a overhead or mess up an input. BBCS is fun to play with friends on the same skill lvl but not so much with others who will floor you.

16. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    no spectator mode... really ruins the game...

17. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I got it, without a doubt.

I'm a comic book nerd though, so it was inevitable. To have some of my favorite Marvel characters in there?(Deadpool, She-Hulk, of course Spider-man but who isnt a fan of that guy) And the return of one of my favorite villains(Doom). I mean it's like, a no-brainer.

Besides that though, looking at it from a fighting gamer perspective instead of a comic nerd, so far it's cool and I like it. Verdict is still out. Doesn't matter though cause Marvel is the type of game that is fun to play casually or all out competitive, cause all fans play.

The connection thus far is on par with VF5 right now, I kid you not, might even be better given all that happens on screen. The only matches I've even played of the game so far is to the east coast, private rooms, was able to move and even guard in time if I walked forward and somebody supered.

So far I've just been using the same 3 characters, you can guess who they are. Also, Sentinel is a huge huge problem right now, but everyone hits like a truck so it's all good anyway at the moment.

18. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Thats wassup. I can see that i will SSF4 this one. Just have it around for casual and options but it will not satisfy my thirst for FS. Funny how i knew how to play SSF4 pretty good but it got tiresome going through the same situations with few options to get out of.I can see this game becoming just that. Im glad it came back out though just to keep the fighting game community alive.

19. TheWorstPlayer

Honestly, I LOVED MvC2 but I suffer from character loyalty syndrome so I got swept under the rug once the top 4 took center stage. Funny thing is I really dig this game, but I do have nitpicks about it's TvC style mechanics but that's because I'm old and getting these hands to do something new is a bit of a challenge.

20. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I was messing around with MODOK last night and I'm thinking he's pretty nasty. This game has an interesting feel to it but it's something I'm willing to put some time into.

I know some people think the roster is too small, but on my planet, 30 characters is plenty. There's plenty of nuances to each one from what I've played so far.

I heard Capcom spent a good amount of time on balancing and that's the most important part to me. SOOOOO much rather have a balanced, 30 character roster than a broken, 55 character roster.

All personal opinion of course.