1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

max damage after major counter FL 1K

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Yupa, May 2, 2009.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif causes a foot crumple when you interrupt your opponent with it.
    There doesn't seem to be much you can do afterwards tho.

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif pounce does 46 pts damage

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does 46 pts against characters lighter than Akira.
    ..........only 42 pts dmg vs. AK,WO and JE
    ........../forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif only hits in open stance vs. SH,AK,WO (and maybe others, I didn't test vs. everyone)
    ..........it works in either stance vs. Jeff /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does 42 pts and drops to 33 pts if you delay the kickflip

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif does 39 pts

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does 37 pts

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif does 34 pts (and stay in flamingo stance) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif does 34 pts

MC FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ground kick does 33 pts

All the above are an interrupt vs. a standing opponent. If you interrupt a crouching opponent, it's 4 pts less dmg. I believe this is because the major counter damage bonus you get is based on the damage of the attack you interrupt.

I was hoping there was something more exciting then pouncing. Did I miss something?

2. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

hey yupa treat the crumble like Sarah's CH 2k+g. everything that you can do there works in the same way. You have to react fast enough though with canceling FL and know which combo to do vs weight class.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yeah, I think there isnt any highdamage followup to this one. I dont know if its possible to cancel the Flamingo fast enough, but one option would be normal stance /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif techtrap with the hitthrow from behind.

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

It's possible IIRC.

One thing I was thinking is MC FL 1K, G, 1K+G,K, FL 8K
    Which should work on some light characters out of 2K+G. Maybe here too?
    I don't use that combo so I don't remember the stance / character spesifics.

I don't see much point in using FL 1K though. FL 2K:p+G is more damage out of low. FL 2K+G is knockdown + mad evasion + circularity. b+K hops over lows too and df+K MC's most of them outside of 2P. The advantage on normal hit is nice but not quite worth it IMO.

5. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

combolammas I have to disagree with you about 1k. It gives you +8 on hit and crushes 2p like you said. But with +8 you can follow up with 3k if they try to attack (most people do) and get a free CH. which adds up to more damage then what you would have gotten with 2k:p+g. Also if they try to evade after 1k you can easily stop them with any of Sarah's great evade counters from FL. The only risk you are taking is if they block your follow ups. But chances are they will guess wrong most of the time.

Options after 1k
    -3k will give CH if they attack with anything
    -2k:p+g will give CH if they try to attack,
    this should be your basic mix up from 1k

If you know they will not attack and just stand there do 1k again, catch throw or 2k:p+k

If you know they will evade, catch throw, k+g, 2k+g, or use k if they evade to your back.

Also I would like to point out that 1k is only -3 on block where 2k is -6. This makes huge difference if you have to use one of Sarah’s evasive moves after they block it. (2k+g, 8_2p+k, or 4p+g+k)
    In short the damage may not be there from normal hit but the many options you get afterwards is worth the investment.

And yes Manjimaru you have time to cancel after the CH. the combos you mention work as well as the one Combolamas mentioned, but his is better suited for mid to heavy weights.
    Also you can do 4p+k, g, 4k. If they tech the 4k will catch them in the back giving you a free 3p,k or p,k. and if they don't recover fast enough you can do 3k to get a CH. works better on light to mid weights.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, all the MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif stuff works. I was just hoping for something better because you're already in flamingo... oh well =)

I agree with Combolammas comments. Because FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is half circular I'm more likely to use it if I'm looking to hop a low attack. But, +8 (using FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) in flamingo makes me salivate, too. It's unfortunate you don't get the foot crumple for a recovery counter hit, because I'd be hoppn' zee lows all day then.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I almost never use FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Im not disputing with the abilities mista_tee listed, I just find it extremely annoying to get the CH and the weaksauce damage plus little to no okizeme. (although the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followup propably offers best oki but I dont remember how much damage it does)

Id much rather get the +8 or similar advantage and keep opponent on their feet. Alas, this happens rarely. Dont forget btw that FL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif gives massive wallstaggers too.

I think /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followup is very risky... if they manage to tech youre in trouble. The doublerise kick on the other hand is +4 on block and flamingostarter.