1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'General' started by FightClubHuBBs, Nov 10, 2009.

1. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    So far its a good game. One thing however. No Russian is FUCKED UP!!!! no spoiler.

2. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    I remember watching a gameplay video of that part of the game and seeing the player take a guy out with a melee attack from 10 feet away. It looked so goofy I couldnt take it seriously. [​IMG]

I'll admit though overall the game looks decent but I refuse to play competitive FPS on a console. (I learned my lesson with Team Fortress 2) However from what I've read Infinity Ward ruined the PC version(no dedicated servers and mod support)

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

50+ bonus points to you sir, you have spoken the truth. we PC FPS gamers are a dieing breed sadly [​IMG]. but its all good, since IW fucked up on the pc version with no dedicated servers, DICE has been using this opportunity to cater to our needs and will deliver an awsome game when battlefield: bad company 2 releases on PC WITH dedicated servers and other PC goodies.

death to the pad (for fps games), long live m/kb [​IMG]

heres a little teaser..
    <object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCnUl7jb7Fg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCnUl7jb7Fg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

4. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

can anyone compare and contrast the multiplayer to that of GoW2? With something resembling unbiased [​IMG]

5. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

6. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

If it's a PC competitive FPS you want CS is still the best choice after all these years. Every other shooter doesn't hold a candle to it in terms of teamwork, strategy and skill.

As far as console shooters go though, you can't really get better than MW1 and 2.

7. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I just finished playing that mission. Honestly, I felt a little queasy while playing it. [​IMG] I didn't think a video game could do that to me. [​IMG]

8. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

What about R6: Raven Shield. That is the most realistic shooter I have ever play.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/20/

9. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

Well to me realistic doesn't mean competitive. The great thing about CS is that you can't shoot someone in the foot 3 times and expect them to die like in MW1 and 2. Also, grenades aren't one hit kills, so just throwing a random grenade where you think they might be won't score you any frags. There's a lot of unrealistic things about CS (bunny hopping, wall spamming, etc) but on the whole the game never feels like you get lucky. Wins always feel earned by using teamwork and placing shots accurately and controlling your recoil while spraying. I could be biased but CS is still the epitome of team based FPS action.

10. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Been able to play it since last Wednesday, and I already enjoy it more than MW1. I'm in the same camp that m/kb > pads for shooters with the exception of a couple shooters. Halo (which I don't even enjoy as is really) and CoD. I guess 3rdPS but that's a different thing.

I freaking love all the unlockables, perk system and the maps. Game felt really chaotic at first and seemed really camper oriented but now that I know the maps and feel better, the game feels just right.

11. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I hear that Modern Warfare 2 is going to be the top selling game of all time or something along those lines, that ain't gonna do online VF any good. [​IMG]

12. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

What exactly does MW2 have to do with VF?

13. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I mean that whatever scrubs that were left in VF are now gone because they move over to MW 2; the ghost town just got a little more empty y'know?

14. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Nah, me and Feck will still play VF [​IMG]

15. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    I imagine the majority of general scrubbery that loiter in most online fighters would have moved on to MW2

16. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

No, Feck only plays MW2 now. He was on it all last night.

However, he did say he was lending his friend his 360, so it probably wasn't him playing MW2.

17. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm not Scrub. lol

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yah, got a friend over and he's playing it like mad, been helping him wih the Special Ops co op. It's not my kind of game at all but it's fairly difficult which makes it easier to play [​IMG]

19. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

What a shameless plug, sal, for your arcade-shooter that will only sell copies to desperate ppl.

I'm really thinking about buying MW2. From what I've seen in the reviews it plays really nicely - at 60 FUCKING FRAMES PER SECOND. (Unlike your BC shit)

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

AAAHAHAHAHAH, i KNEW you were gonna chime in on this lol. i was just waiting for it. btw bc2's frame rate hasn't being revealed yet. it might just be 60fps for all we knmow. and oh yeah. im gonna get mw2 as well.....someday. ( i JUST bought cod4..lol)