1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat 9

Discussion in 'General' started by Mackfactor, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

And I definitely agree, that the online for this game is terrible. It's not even 100% about the game having constant delay, what's even worse is that it desynchs all the time. I want to use Sonya, but when I did I had to limit my damage off of military stance tackle grab, cause if I add the punch followup the matches desynch.

I've been sending PMs to some folks at TYM, that live around the area so I should be getting offline matches in with them in the future so I don't have to rely on online to get my fix.

2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Are the long combos in the new MK any worse than they are in the Tekken 6 [​IMG]

disclaimer: I have learned long combos in Tekken 6 and I do them, but only when I'm desperate or I if my opponent is really an A-hole, or if the wife has dinner ready and I want to hurry up and finish the match so I can eat. In general I think
    long combos get old in any fighting game. even between two combo masters. I haven't played the new MK yet, will get it as soon as PSN is backup, but there R cats on Tekken who are so good with the combo, bound, wall thing that all it takes is one slip up and that's it, game over combo, bound, wall splat city.

I actually prefer the moves that do heavy damage, although in reality its 6 of one and half-a-dozen of the other, the fights feel and look more visceral to me when its heavy damage moves compared to the floating, high flying, bouncing approach.

But from what I've seen the graphics in MK9 look awesome in fans of the MK characters have to happy if for no other reason than the game looks so good.

I think when I get it the first thing I'm gonna learn is combo breakers [​IMG] especially b4 I venture online

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Oh Masterpo this...

stuff never ceases to crack me up. You are a man who plays by his own rules, even if I don't understand them.

4. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

It shouldn't matter the circumstances man... Just go for that W and stop trippin'... [​IMG]

5. Lucci

Lucci Member

I played shitty game like MVC3 with SUPER LOOOONG 100%%%COMBO... [​IMG]

MK is no different

6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

http://kotaku.com/#!5797396/fatalities-are-ok-in-mortal-kombat-finger-banging-no

7. ShinyBrentford

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I havent found this game at a shop near me yet, if I do I might buy it. I just dont want to buy MvC3..

9. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

This is such a dope game. If they can just get the online experience up to par, this is gonna be my main game for a long time.

MK2 and MK3 were the best Mortal Kombats ever... Until this game came out. This is a truly dope game through and through. Just take the netcode up a notch or two and this will be the #1 fighting game of 2011 easily.

Please go back to the dirty sewer-shanty you crawled out of. You make SUPER SHITTY post with LOOOOOOTS OF BULLSHIT... [​IMG]

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

SHUUUUUUT THE FUUUUUUUCK UP!!!!

BTW I Agree.

11. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    I agree, long combos are the stupidest and most terrible aspect of any fighting game ever.
    Imagine MVC3 if it had no to very short combos...

12. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    At the end of the day, people are gonna be people, and even if you introduce another perspective to someone else and manage to convince them to acknowledge your ideas, there's gonna be more people - being people.

Im saying, do what you want, there's no need to be bashful folks.

How would you define a long combo? It can depend on the game, but overall its combination of free attacks that result from being hit by a particular move or setup. It's a reward for being able to get that setup to work. As the recipient of the pain, you're thinking, "GODDAMMIT. I got hit with that shit again!?" Naturally you don't want to see that repetive, annoying sequence.

I say, if you get bloodied up in 10 rounds in one boxing match, why would you go into a rematch without properly analyzing the stuff you got hit with the first time? If anything I think long combos should force people to FIGURE SHIT OUT. Most people lose to their own blinding frustrations.

But even so, what happens when Kage TFT's you from near mid-sreen, and out of the ring? What happens when Yun builds enough meter to activate? Or what about Bryan getting you on the wall? Or even what about Zangief getting close in? Throws in SF2? All the same.

Everything takes work and you have to pay toll for not being aware of not only your opponent's options but YOURS as well.

I haven't really been playing MK9, I still have to finish the story mode. I'm kinda interested in Reptile now but it seems like people are picking him up more, so I'm still looking at the roster.

13. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

best review yet. joe does it again! (love his reviews)
    LOL @ cooking with ermac

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    pretty smart kid... nice post!

If the coming patch fixes the lag let's play a little. I hope the patch comes soon because I haven't touched the game in about a week and I fear it may get shelved indefinitely. Pity because it really is a great game, but if I don't have people to play with it's pointless to waste the time learning. If I had friends who played offline then no problem, but unfortunately I don't. [​IMG]

15. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Stop changing your phone number fam! I'm playing this shit hard body. Ol Skewl is playing this shit as well.

16. ShinyBrentford

I love angry joe. Do you watch Spoony Experiment? In his Vblog he talks about how him and Joe where playing the game online and it was so bad Joe wished he could drop his review by a point. Joe still thinks its a great game just the king of the hill online sucks.

17. ShinyBrentford

Yeah I get what your saying. But from jab at the beginning of the match to that character dead is a to long a combo and I'm not talking about with Zero or that dogs life I'm talking deadpool or ryu medium life.

But that's why people play marvel the want to destroy there opponent with a unblockable move then game over i. e. huge combo.

p.s. Xfacter is not cheep its called the comeback mechanism.

18. ShinyBrentford

good mk fights

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

You talk like it's an overall equal benefit to all characters - it's not.

20. ShinyBrentford

No its not but its better than nothing when your down two characters. But on second thought when that happens they whould just use there Xfacter and wait you out or rush and use assist to make everything they do safe or crossup for death combo. So on second thought MvC is just gay all around.