1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat 9

Discussion in 'General' started by Mackfactor, Apr 20, 2011.

1. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Co-signing... Some people just love the fact you can rush in till you find a opening and just go ham. On the other hand. I haven't played MK9 yet but i like this game. The X-Ray moves are gorgeous and the action is pretty fluid. Some of the animations look bullshit but its respectible.

2. def

def Well-Known Member

MK9 (Possibly) upcoming DLC and costumes Hey guys check this out. Looks like another DLC character has been confirmed, Hint: It's Raiden's windy counterpart and KLASSIK KOSTUMES FOR SEKTOR and CYRAX.

3. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    whats the point of a comeback button, it just makes all comebacks take less effort and be less awesome.
    its much more awe inspiring when you see crazy comebacks in VF for example than MVC3, in mvc3 your just like whatever xfactor is brokenly good.

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

5. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

6. GodEater

7. ShinyBrentford

8. GodEater

it is funny, though.

9. GodEater

actually it is more funny now that I'm watching the PDP archive....Justin got a haircut.

10. ShinyBrentford

Well one that's one down. Every time I watch his crash I think "Damn this really doesn't help with that whole Asians can't drive thing"

Justin Wong: You can blindfold him with dental floss.

11. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!

12. ShinyBrentford

I just bought MK today does anyone want to get some games in? Guess I will turn this back to the MK thread.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I also bought this game today, and have had good fun so far. Maybe try having a lobby with us euro folk at some point.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im practising Mileena at the moment, and practising combos is great fun, even though Mileena is apparently nerfed from the demo version or something?

15. def

def Well-Known Member

16. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

akimo316....if any1 wants they ass kicked from Jax n Smoke...

17. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Just so everyone is aware...

The 1st downloadable patch came out for this game on 360 yesterday; it's a HUGE improvement. There's still a few bugs, which are supposed to be worked out shortly through an upcoming hotfix, but overall, the patch is a major, major improvement for the netcode.
    [/size]
    The online play has been vastly improved and is now a legit way to play this game for sure. Forget about the days of dropping every combo and such, with this new patch you can play solid games online now. The wait times for finding a match are much better, the connection status of potential opponents updates much more quickly and the lag is no longer perceptible on a fairly solid connection.

I don't know exactly what NRS did to fix the online play, but it definitely worked quite well.

18. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Is there a compilation of the character changes?

19. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

There's an unofficial list patch notes here:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1229-*Unofficial*-Mortal-Kombat-9-*Patch-Notes*

The issue that has popped up due to the patch is a new desynching error you can get when choosing certain costumes (it's somehow related to the the classic skins DLC combined with the new patch...) Seems to be fine if you pick the regular skin however (i.e. just press the button, don't hit START and change the costume...) but I think they're going to fix this very shortly with a simple hotfix -- no further patching will be required I believe...

As far as the connection quality though: Pre-patch, I was only able to get like 1/10 games that were really playable, now it seems more like 7/10 games are fully playable, and some of the better connections felt almost flawless. On the better connects, I couldn't really perceive any lag or input delay, I could pretty much do everything as if it was offline. I'd say NRS has managed to get the online stability up to par with the other online fighters out there... I'm really pleased they were truly able to improve the netcode cause MK9 is a solid game and it deserved a good netcode.

20. ShinyBrentford

Bad ass Jax's combo