1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MOves that dont throw clash

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mackfactor, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    What are they for lion?
    And what is a good time to do P+K.. any setups? can i do this at disadvantage to go under highs mids? etc

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    That's a nice question, Lion's got so many moves that don't throw clash that it would be very nice to hear from a real Lion player what they think. I am no Lion expert myself but i fumble with him from time to time and here's what i've come up with:
    • If i think the opponent will definetly throw i go for [4] [4] [K] hoping to score a float.
    • If i think they'll mix it up between a throw and a high attack any of Lion's low attacks will do.
    • If i think they'll mix it up between a throw and low punch (or any another low) i go for [8] [K].
    • If i think they'll mix it up between a throw and a mid i go for [1] [P].
    As far as [P] [+] [K] is concerned... sorry, i don't have the slightest clue [​IMG]

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    After quick test, following moves do not clash with high throws in -8 (I used blocked [​IMG][6][P] to test)

[2][P]
    [4][4][K]([P]+[K])
    [2][K]+[G]
    [2][K]([K])
    [2][P]+[K][4]
    [4][4][P]
    [4][3][P]
    [1][P]([P])
    [4][4][K]+[G]
    [3][K]+[G]

An added interest: Lion can tech-crouch high throw in -8 with [2][P]+[K]+[G]

Following moves specifically DO clash and therefore are not anticlash moves:
    [8][K]
    [1][K]
    [1][K]+[G]
    [8][P]+[K]

Naturally your best bet if you want to own a throw is [4][4][K][P]+[K] because it gives you combo.

[P]+[K] is what you use to punish blocked sweeps usually. Its very slow (20 frames), so use it like Jeff uses knee..

4. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wow, [8] [K] clashes, who would have thought [​IMG] thank you manji [​IMG] What about [4] [6] [K], that's also one of his jumping attacks, does it clash too?

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes, it clashes. (Although I forgot to test it at first)
    Its all about the frames when the character is considered airborne/backturned/crouching. Several jumping attacks arent airborne until later frames, therefore they clash during the early frames.

6. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I just can't belive Lion, with all his jumping and skipping and hopping attacks doesn't have one that beats throws from disadvantage [​IMG] What about the two [9] moves, [9] [P] and [9] [K], surely they don't throw clash [​IMG] [​IMG]

Btw [6] [P] [+] [K] goes BT iirc, does it throw clash too? Not that it's a move i'd abare with, just saying.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    clashes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    and [9] [K], surely they don't throw clash [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </div></div>
    Doesnt clash but its such an awesome move that opponent has time to block it after their whiffed throw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Btw [6] [P] [+] [K] goes BT iirc, does it throw clash too? Not that it's a move i'd abare with, just saying. </div></div>
    clashes

look at that list, that not enough for you?? Akira got...2 attacks. The other is so slow you cant get CH with it even if opponent goes for a throw. The other is low punch.

edit: ok 3. The third is punishable on block, disadv on normal hit low.

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    [9] [K] it is then [​IMG] I'm sorry for making you test all this manji, it's just that i don't want to block when i play Lion, i use him to get revenge for every abare spammer i've had to put up with on xbox live with Vanessa [​IMG] And, hell, why not, it works for other Lion players doesn't it? [​IMG]

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Recently I've been trying low punch than backdash then P+K and having decent succes with it. But P+K's so slow I'd be more inclined to go with DMPK most of the time also fwd(hold)kk does 77dmgCH after DMPK whereas it's 62dmgCH after P+K.
    Often with his DMPK you've gotta be real careful too either add an extra succesful DM before it or wait till the very last move of opponants string.

Also a set up Chibita uses often; K (G cancel), P+K.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Prolly meant to kill ETEG.

12. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    NICE, thanks for ur help guys!