1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Musicians / DJs / Bands Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Modelah, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    I made this thread after seeing a very cool discussion between @VFEllhn and @blossy1000 in the shoutbox just now. Are there any other musicians, DJs etc here in the community?

Post about your gear, music genre, gigs, soundclips etc here! Anything related to your activites as a musician/DJ/band member!

I'm a very casual but solid bassist for a couple of local garage bands, and gig once in a blue moon. I'll post pics of my gear once I finish putting together my little pedal board (it's taking forever as I scrape the cash together lol).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Ellis likes this.
  2. smince82

smince82 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    wyliewood
    XBL:
    xsmincex
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I was in a hardcore punk band back in highschool, we didn't do any major nationwide tours, only played the west coast, we did manage to release two 7" E.P.s which was a pretty cool feeling.

someone uploaded almost everything on yt (be warned its not very good): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzgcW-PtUqw

Ellis, DK and smince82 like this.
  4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    @hseiken1 needs to posts all his beats in this thread lol

5. smince82

smince82 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    wyliewood
    XBL:
    xsmincex
    Ellis and Modelah like this.
  6. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    Why you dragin me into this? I was minding my own biznezz!

IcKY99 likes this.
  7. Wingman

Wingman Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Wingman_SRK
    I've been wanting to learn saxophone and eventually find a jazz band to play with. Someday.

8. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Fun thread idea!
    I haven't made much the past few years, but i have/had been making tracks for quite some years.

Mostly electronic-based, but jazz-influences are here and there, and sometimes i got to record some skilled guitar-play by my friend Narc0, to add to the tracks, and sometimes i did some very simple bass-like playing on guitars to add aswell.
    There is also some chiptune influences aswell as straight out psy-trance vibes.

Way back i used a tracker called "Fasttracker II", a mod (.xm) based music program.
    Tracker-based programs are a little different from sequencers like say cubase and/or fruity loops - but whatever does the job and the musician feels comfortable with.
    Newer works are made in a program called Renoise Tracker, it has the old-school tracker-approach from before, but with added modern fancies such as VST support and stuff.

Anyways:
    This is quite old and not updated, but heres a few stuffs:
    https://myspace.com/preptile

Modelah likes this.
  9. GIBBSDATDOOD

GIBBSDATDOOD Member

PSN:
    DEATHGIBBS
    Ellis likes this.