1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

My VF arcade concept

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by masterpo, May 12, 2016.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    So it'll be a year in a couple of months since Sifu Modelah made this post., has the VF traffic in Japanese Arcades increased, decreased or stayed the same since his post?
    Does anybody know?

I've been thinking lately, of opening a new style arcade/club/center or (VF GYM) dedicated to only VF Maybe with latest high def technology, (Perhaps Occulus? LOL) really nice chairs, setup for sticks, etc. consoles supplied. With VF2, VF4 thru VF5 FS available to play . It wouldn't be about making a profit, but more as a place that any VFer in the world would be welcome to come and play at any time (without lag) open 24hrs, where the players and the game get the respect that VF (as the best arcade fighting game ever made) deserves. A kind of international VF Gym, or VF tree house, or VF resort. I know there would be months with perhaps no traffic, or very light traffic, and other times a packed house. But somewhere that would always be there.

I dunno, I'm thinking about how I would fund it, maybe set up a foundation dedicated to the preservation of VF, find some angel funding from some of our more fortunate members or fight game aficionados or admirers. Hell even find a way to have VF added to the International Olympics as the first true Arcade fighting sport. I could likely float the facility personally for the first few years, but I need to find a long term funding plan that would fund it regardless of how many visitors it got in any given year.

Hell, Pac-man is almost 40 years old, and its alive and well and will probably be played somewhere forever. I think VF is on that same trajectory, especially if I can bring my concept to fruition. Or maybe the Arcades might make their own comeback again :)

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/death-resurgence-arcades-america/story?id=24970591

beanboy and Stl_Tim like this.
  2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

When it opens please send links and pics.

beanboy likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Aye. Nice idea dude.