1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New character idea

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ladon, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Sorry to be blunt, but do you really think this idea is gonna go anywhere?

2. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

YES!!!

Maybe...

No...

So what, it passes the time.

Satsugai likes this.
  3. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

how about a hung gar or wushu style character? it could be cool to see the main character, wong fei huong, from "once upon a time in china" make an apperance. but then again, his pony tail will look identical to lei fei's and lau's. a jet li wushu character can be a really good addition.

4. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

No recommendations? None?

He should just finalize the sketch?

5. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Srider: What's the point of the VF5 on PS3 - what you'd like to see for next-gen thread, or any of the other threads like this?

Poppa: The only thing I think could be improved upon is the J6 tattoo. Could be a nice customize thing (as well as other tattoos), but I don't think it would make sense for her to have it. Besides that we don't need a character rendering that would need to be presented to Sega of Japan or anything, so I think it would do just fine.

I'm going to take my drawing back to the drawing board and try to come up with something new in the meantime. Thank the artist for me, would you? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"Srider: What's the point of the VF5 on PS3 - what you'd like to see for next-gen thread, or any of the other threads like this?"

more realistic maybe?

is this is for a fanfic then i understand..

just commenting....

7. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I think the sketch looks like something from Mortal Kombat. no dis-respect to the artist, it just doesn't have the right feel to me. I think too much attention was paid to the little details of the image, and not enough to what a female Kage might look like, with or without Dural parts.

Also, Kage's mom is named "TsukiKage", which means Moon Shadow. I also think Toshio is a boy's name, but I could be wrong, although I do know one man named Toshio.

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Toshio is also the name of the little boy from the Grudge...

( 0_0 )

9. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Akiralove:
    I was actually thinking about Tsukikage, but thought it would be too cheesy /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif I checked a name page for Japanese girls' names and Toshi showed up, which I thought was more masculine sounding than Toshio. Oh well >.> In addition, I'll see what I do with my sketch. Despite his style, I think the artist did a nice job with the design.

Srider:
    Haven't seen that movie... I heard it wasn't that good, but I can see why the name thing would be disconcerting.

Sudden_Death:
    A fanfic is definitely possible! Thanks for the idea /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mostly, however, it's for creative expression and a humorous diversion as opposed to a cry to Sega... and I suppose in that way, it's less realistic than the VF5 on PS3 want thread. And not to worry: comments welcome

10. azrael

azrael Active Member

The boy in "Uzumaki" is called toshio btw ;X

11. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gifLadon, you havent seen 'Five Deadly Venoms'? Shame on you /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif The movie kicks ass, bro. As far as wall moves, after you see the movie and you see #4The Lizard in action you could get a lot of inspiration and ideas for moves for Toshio.
    Most video game moves are taken from Kung-Fu flicks anyway.
    I liked the drawing but it should be a little more original... and she should be BALD /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif How's that for original, first bald female character in a video game.
    Beautiful but bald, kinda like GI Jane except bald all the way, cue ball bald.

12. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    The next time you come over for VF you should bring the movie with you so you can lend it to me /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm looking forward to seeing it (I actually hadn't seen Ong-Bak until recently. Too bad Brad doesn't have many jumping elbow-to-head maneuvers XD)

Bald... makes sense. Thanks :3 oh, and I think her official name is Tsukikage, so we might as well use that /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

14. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I like the other one better. This drawing has no trace of Dural, except for the J6 insignia on her shoulder pad... which makes no sense to me. Why would she wear that if she hates them? She looks proud and regal as opposed to broken, tortured and bent on vengeance, as I imagine Tsukikage would be after escaping J6 and trying to humanize herself.

Also, the metal she's wearing is more like armor than cybernetic enhancements. I don't mind the tail-coat-thing too much, but I think that would work better as a costume B. All in all I think the first one was better, in such that it showed more creativity :\

Thanks for continuing on this though /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll be finished with mine one of these days (weeks?months?).

15. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Ditto, the other one is cooler. I do wish that Brad had more moves like Tony Jaa in Ong-Bak but what would really kick asphalt would be if Brad had Tony Jaa's moves from 'The Protector'! Have you seen that movie, it's all that and a bag of Chips Ahoys.
    If I get my hands on that movie, Five Deadly Venoms, I will definitely lend it to you, classic.
    Oh, and dont pay mind to the haters that say "why are you guys talking about this, is this going to go anywhere?". This thread is good conversation.

16. [ QUOTE ]
    GarciaINCIDENT said:

[ QUOTE ]
    tonyfamilia said:

Hey, Ladon, I like your idea, Kage's mom would be a great addittion to the VF family affair (brother and sister:Jacky/Sarah; father and daughter:pai/Lau; mother and son: Kage/Toshio) /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif I got another one: a VF character based off of the classic kung-fu flick 'Five Deadly Venoms'. He would have all five styles and could switch between them at any time. Lizard, Snake, Toad, Scorpion, Centipede? (I think... I cant remember the last style /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) It's still a good idea though, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Hung-Gar Kung Fu is something along those lines.

I was thinking of a traditional Karate style fighter. Maybe toward Shotokan or Kenpo, perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hung Gar is a Shoalin style that uses the five animal fists ( Tiger, Crane, Panther, Snake, and Dragon) with emphases on the Tiger and Crane techniques. Kempo is derived from Hung Gar. That would be cool if the did both of them and were able to show the different expressions of the five animals. Shotokan would be cool also.
    My friend was telling me about Penkat Silat. It's Indonesean.
    I always wanted a MuayTai fighter (thanks vf4) and a Monkey Fist fighter(thanks vf5). So I guess I got my VF wishes.
    So now I guess I'd like to see a Choy Lay Fut fighter and a Wing Chun fighter. Bazilian Jujutsu would be cool so that the ground fighting can be extended.
    I would really see Tai Chi Chaun featured in VF. "Dead Or Alive" did it but I think it can be done better and the folk at AM2 can do it.
    There are so many styles that could be done that would be cool.

17. CodyHunter07

CodyHunter07 Well-Known Member

Thread Bump1.gif

How about a straight up traditional Tae Kwon Do fighter.

He/She would have unbelievable leg combos on the ground, and when they do jumps, they have much more than the standard jump kick most characters have.....If anyone has ever watch professional TKD choreographing, they spend MUCH time leaping..awesome stuff.

Of cours, their weakness would be a severe lack of hand techniques..they would have them of course, but not much to speak of.
    For throws, they could borrow movesets from the Hapkido discipline, which uses lots of joint locks and a few tosses (also Korean, and many TKD practitioners study this as well for close fighting).

And since VF is known to usually introduce 2 new fighters at a time, I would also suggest to go along with the refined TKD fighter, a pure street brawler type.

Perhaps the type of medium burly character who uses all sorts of unconventional (and dirty tactics)....lots of use of hands (like a boxer) but throw in some elbows, headbutts, hits to the groin, etc.
    His leg work would be his weaknesses, but he would have some knees, and lots of ways to kick or damage a downed opponent.
    He wouldn't be super slow, but perhaps mid speed type.

And since he is a street brawler, perhaps he can have more moves than most against walls....that would be his biggest strengths, wall fighting, as opposed to the open arena.

18. amsism_nyc

amsism_nyc Member

PSN:
    AMSISM_MB
    The ideas so far sound cool. I would like a pure Brazilian jujistu char wit nasty groundgame and a somewhat weak stand up game

19. Satsugai

Satsugai Well-Known Member

Is it wrong that I want Chae lim to be Virtua Fighters Tae Kwon Do character? Let's face it SNK isn't using her and she's one of the Maximum Impact fighters that did leave an impact with me. I'm sure she could be tweaked to work in the VF world.