1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Welcome! It's our favorite game too, lol -- who do you main?

2. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

I main Vanessa Phoxx

3. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Cool man, well I know pretty much nothing about Vanessa, but I've been trying to learn her because I have so much trouble against her. If you're looking for a sparring partner on PSN feel free to add me, PSN is Phoxx__ (two underscores)

4. satch89

satch89 New Member

What is going on. Not really new here, but have played Virtua Fighter in ages! I found a VF4evo cabinet in an arcade and it brought back some memories as a kid. Anywho, I pick up VF:FS a while ago on PSN. I am above average in Tekken and I am trying to transition some knowledge. I know they are not that similar, but you guys know where I should start? So far, I am liking Jacky. (I know, I know, scrub character choice)

5. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    This may sound strange, but a good place to start is the Playstation2 VF4:Evo Dojo. It is really in-depth and can teach you a lot of things about playing VF. If you happen to find a copy at Gamestop or Amazon, pick it up and take a few runs through that mode.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  6. Whatevs_Dawg

Whatevs_Dawg Member

PSN:
    Whatevs_Dawg
    What's up everyone, I've been using this site to learn the game and figured I'd finally make an account. I got VF5:FS awhile ago but didn't understand anything and gave up after like 50 straight losses. Now that I know how to play, VF has pretty much become my favorite fighting game out right now. I play Wolf on PSN and I recognize some of these names, hope to see some of you guys in game.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  7. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
  8. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    Hello, i'm new here and wanted to get better experience on my mus and how to stop really annoying gimmicks better. I'm starting to take this game a bit more seriously now and starting to really have fun playing this. So here's hoping i level up lol.

9. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Sup man, if you want to hit me up for some matches, let me know. Also if you want, I can also hook up my mic and i can teach you the game's basics too (bring your mic too)

Aoi in chinatown likes this.
  10. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    i lost my mic a while ago, and sure i'll add you rn

11. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Blackstar is a good person to learn from you'll get better, faster with his help

12. Whatevs_Dawg

Whatevs_Dawg Member

PSN:
    Whatevs_Dawg
    Hey is there a general questions thread? Like a thread where you can ask quick matchup questions, frame data questions, game mechanics, etc.?

13. AngryFlyingChop

AngryFlyingChop Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaggedChariot
    There's the Dojo for character specific questions.

14. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    you can go to the new starter or general forum, or even the character dojos and make a thread.

15. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Also, when you figure out who you will main, become best buds with your content manager. Usually he is a cool peep.

PS: Unless you play brad... then u get that self hating fool @Libertine. That peep wont stop hating on his own damn self.

16. Hey there guys. I'm new to the forum. I played Virtua Fighter a lot when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite fighters. As I got a little older I played Alpha 3 and that game got me "serious" about fighters (enough to spend some time with it). I've played a lot of fighters 2d and 3d (everything from Kof XIII and Tekken to Playstation All Stars and SF4 heh) but VF always stood out. Always wished games like Kof and VF got more love than they did.

Now I'm getting old (fed up) I suppose and I just want to play a more honest game where it's about me and my opponent and not dumb gimmicks, comebacks, counterpicks, or "guess wrong and eat vortex/death combo". I think I just want to go back to my roots for the most part while still dabbling in other things.

I do have one question however. I am now pretty much all PC and I know Sega used to put VF on PC way back when, is there any way I can cut my teeth on any game from VF, even as old as 2 and get a smooth experience on here? Sold all of my consoles since they were collecting dust and I'm on the go a lot so or working on something so what I have works best for me (desktop/laptop). Any help here would be much appreciated thanks. Just want to get my fingers loose so to speak for the time being.

Thanks again.

Ellis likes this.
  17. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    You sound a lot like me -- I played VF1 and VF2 growing up and never really could get into other fighting games due to the 'death combos' and dexterity involved, but if I were to pick a 2D fighter I do enjoy KOF.

If you want to get your kicks in on PC, they did port VF2 to PCs back in the day, and looks like Amazon still has it: http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Virtua-F...ighter+2&pebp=1422242922333&peasin=B0008E8AYG -- or you could always find a Saturn CD and use an emulator.

If you get a chance though, I'm sure anyone here would tell you it's worth getting a cheap used console for VF5:FS, which is a blast to play, and probably exactly what you're looking for in an 'honest' fighter.

18. I like execution stuff actually. What I don't like is ridiculous reward for grinding out derp combos, like say a custom combo mechanic. I do like doing difficult things for practice and whatnot. I know how to do paint the fence, roll cancel, rapid seismo, FFF, hd combos, etc. Some of them just give a skewed reward. Kof is the most honest 2d fighter overall to me and has less emphasis on character select so I'd definitely pick it at this point. SF has gotten worse and worse IMO.

I might just do the Saturn route. Remember playing that so much as a kid. I did have FS on PS3 but didn't really use this community at the time (I think I heard of it once or twice though). Sadly I just couldn't justify a console now as I never used it. It would be like watching my favorite movie using a VCR. I'd never watch it since I wouldn't use it if that makes sense. I just sold my consoles from Genesis and SNES to PS3 a week or two ago for that reason.

Thanks and I'll definitely take your suggestion to heart. :) Maybe if I'd known you guys at the time I'd have been better off in the long run. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  19. Rez

Rez Member

guess i should properly introduce myself :)))

i dont even know how did i end up buying this game one month ago but im fucking glad i did lol
    im not some serious fgs fan, just played ssf4 once in a while (i wont mention tk, mk, sc etc etc etc... since i just played them offline casually)

this is a great community and im glad im here, most people that i met online were respectful and helpful, i never received any hate pm yet (cant say the same ssf4 wise)
    big thanks to severedshogun (even though hes not here, or so he said) hes a great help, and @kohkee whoever he is lol, everyone else i played too except tairy, feels good to be able to beat him always now lol

one more thing that i really really really fucking like about this game is that it can be funny as hell, i really like the trolls and i nearly died laughing a few times when i played some non serious matches doing stupid shit like crouch punching duels with some guy

the whole snake boss thing is hilarious and snake custodians brad is my wet dream xd

20. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Welcome Jotaro! The snake cleaning crew work tirelessly to keep PSN clean for peeps like you! Please enjoy your stay.