1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Fellow Blaze player here, what's your PSN name? Mine is Phoxx__ (with two underscores)

jimi Claymore likes this.
  2. Pharmacist

Pharmacist Member

Hello there, i've been lurking for a while and finaly decided to register. Never played any of the virtua fighter games before,so i decided to give it a try, i heard that the game has a very steep learning curve, wich is the kind of thing that i like. I wish more people knew about this game and played it, seeing that the other 3d fighting games are taking the spotlight makes me sad. I wanna learn more about this game, starting out with fundamentals, character specific matchups etc. and eventually become a better player.So there it is my very first post lol :)

oneida likes this.
  3. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    hey welcome man! this video is long but it's worth the ride- pretty much tells you everything there is to know.

4. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Hello, nice to meet you.

5. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

can u gimmie da drugs b0ss? Look jk man. Welcome to the club, if you're on psn and want to add me, go for it.

6. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hello new here, I used to play VF back in the day then went off for very long time (last I played VF3, so that probably very long time). I just recently started playing it again at a local arcade near my home they had VF 5 Final Showdown (I hadn't kept up with any of the gaming news so I was surprised when I saw the game). I prefer to just play at arcades rather than at home, I'm pretty 'old school' that way but you know I was part of that arcade generation so please understand. I really like the vast improvements in the quality of the graphics and the smooth gameplay and it easily got me hooked. I'm not that good though and I'm not much of a competitive type but I would like a pleasant chat about the game, and this looks like the nice place I'm surprised there's a pretty big following here considering how much Tekken and Street Fighter rules the world. (I like SF also but not a big fan of Tekken; as far as I'm concerned they've got way too many characters and whole thing is so convoluted it's a wonder the game hasn't imploded yet). My only gripe about VF is I wish they'd put little more focus on the games story and character development, cause I like stories. Anyway I'm talking too much. I just want to say hi and look forward to chatting with everyone here, and keep the VF spirit alive. Until next time...have a good night.

oneida, BLACKSTAR and jimi Claymore like this.
  7. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Lisa, jimi Claymore and Pai~Chun like this.
  8. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    An arcade with VF5FS? I know California has one, you from there?

9. Lisa

Lisa Member

Round One Bowling in Lakewood Ca and Santa Ana Ca- I live Between those two

10. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    so jealous!

11. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Whaaat? I work like down the street from there -- I'll have to check it out!

jimi Claymore, Lisa and oneida like this.
  12. Lisa

Lisa Member

From Round One Lakewood as proof. ;)

Attached Files:

jimi Claymore, Pai~Chun and Kruza like this.
  13. Lisa

Lisa Member

It's in Japanese but I can't read Japanese. :/

Attached Files:

jimi Claymore likes this.
  14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The button positions on this arcade cabinet is suited more for a player pressing the guard button with his/her thumb. Hmmm... not so sure I would like that since I've always used my index finger for the guard button.

Kruza

15. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    The thumb on the guard button is classic though! That's how I always used to play, at least.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  16. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yeah that's really interesting plot, it's shame it doesn't show in the games. Perhaps if they make a graphic novel to supplement it, I'd definitely buy a copy. Thanks!

Modelah likes this.
  17. Lisa

Lisa Member

Forgot to tell you my fighter of choice. ;) image.jpeg

18. WhimsicalSwirl

WhimsicalSwirl New Member

Hello!

I've been a fan of VF since VF3, but I'm new to this site. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community.

19. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Wellcome add me if you want

emperorshadox likes this.
  20. Brosian

Brosian Member

PSN:
    brosian
    Hi to everyone! I am new to this site... and trying to learn as much as possible about VF! This site is impressive, congrats for the great job!