1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. AkumaDorf

AkumaDorf New Member

PSN:
    AkumaDorf
    Will do

Brosian likes this.
  2. Acromion

Acromion New Member

Hello, My Name is Mark and I've been Playing VF since the 32x. I've seen it grow and come a long way. lol I loved this series and have always had a soft spot for it in my heart. I love the FGC and all games in general and I stopped playing around VF4 Evo because I never had anybody to play with and while fun, Kumite mode didn't cut it. I recently picked VF5 FS up and fell in love all over again.I was recently pointed in this direction from the facebook community for the FGC and I hope to meet y'all and share some great times and make new memories with y'all! Now let's Rock and have some amazing matches.

3. c_pokey

c_pokey New Member

PSN:
    c_pokey
    Hey there. I'm Chapman from Kentucky. I've had an account here for several years apparently and am just now getting around to typing this up, haha. I've gone through long bouts of inactivity in the FGC for various reasons, but am looking to jump back into it with one of my favorite series, VF. I've never been good or played competitively, but really want to get back into VF. My PSN is c_pokey and I hope to find some good folks on here to show me the ropes. Thanks!

4. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

welcome back to the FGC!

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  5. BovineLactate

BovineLactate New Member

Hai guise :)

oneida likes this.
  6. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Hai there! (^_^)/

7. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    To all VFers, remember that anyone is welcome to participate in VF Arena, which takes place on Wednesday nights around 9 PM EST. I host an open room that anyone can join, 1st come 1st serve. I usually do XBL, but I can also do PSN if requested. My twitch channel is https://www.twitch.tv/blitzballchamp God bless and happy gaming!

Brosian and emperorshadox like this.
  8. My Name on PSN is Lastruffryder44 Some of you may know me already for my amazing side step. my name on Xblive is Codenametbw. I love VF since VF4 my favorite Character is Vanessa. My back up is Sarah

I support Vf to the fullest I've bought EVERY game since, VF5 came out on ps3 EVERY game all 360 ones and all the PS3 ones. My only problem is that we VF fighters are too low in number. So when your playing online my brothers. And you see a noob.

Easy up on them because they are just getting into the seriesand we don't want to scare them off. Small thing you guys can do to Help VF grow. time_for_a_combat_seminar__by_pltnm06ghost-d7igwev.png vanessa_by_setsuna22-d82bg3y.jpg

emperorshadox, BLACKSTAR and oneida like this.
  9. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, i'm SSfox, VF. I'm mainly about Tekken, but i really do love Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur as well.

So here my Story with VF: Back in 2004, i've heard about VF4 being a great game a that it was a very successful game in Japanese Arcade, even if i like the game when watched in TV but wasn't sure about my though, so i picked VF4 (vanilla), played it, but didn't like it enough, and couldn't even appreciate the characters tbh, i liked Pai a bit and that's it.

And then came VF4 Evo, watched some Gamespot reviews and such, and finally, i've seen a character that looked to interesting to me, Aka Goh Hinogami,i mean he looked just too sick, badass and cool, then i picked the game, i picked the character, but... i didn't like his playstyle, was really not what i was looking for, so i picked Brad Burns because he looked cool as well (a bit less cool than Goh but still cool enough), then i started Quest Mode and keep playing, but tbh, i was just playing with spamming same moves over and over, and at this rate, i was still not aware about the deep and the awesomeness of the game. So i reached a point in Quest Mode where i can't advance anymore with Brad (obviously cause i was just spamming the same moves lol, and like i said, my understanding for the game at this moment was still not high enough)

And then one day, i watched Evo 2004 Trailer, there was a very small clip where a Famous Japanese legendary player was using Shun Di named Itazan (or Itabashi Zangief), and this was the TRUE REVELATION, it was like a click, an open eyes for me, i was super impressed by Itazan, and at same time felt in love with the character Shun Di, and then i picked the character started learning him very slowly at the beginning, to reach a pretty decent level i think, and started to understand the game more, so then keep appreciate more and more each day, until i understand it enough to appreciate it as it true value, also finished Quest Mode with him, and with this mode it really helped me to reach that decent level. I liked everything about the character, his design, his attitude, and his (very deep, innovative and impressive) playstyle. He's almost the only reason now that i want a VF6 to happen hehe

So then i kept downloading and watching a bunch of VF4 Evo Videos, especially Shun Di's and Itazan's Shun vids, that was really enjoyble to watch all those high level matches and helped even more to get better in the game and understand way more. (as well as Final Tuned later but too bad this one never made it for console :( )

Actually i only own a PS4 so i can't play VF for now. Was hoping Sega would release a VF5FS Remaster for PS4 but still nothing, even if i T7 is coming soon, but i may get a cheap PS3 for Summer for some VF. I really miss this amazing game sometimes. lol

Sorry for the big post maybe that was too much, anyway cool to see that there are many people that still play and love VF :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Welcome. If you really want to play, you can get the VF5FS streamable PS3 game to play VF5FS if you want. It works well enough for you to get your feet wet.

emperorshadox likes this.
  11. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Hum... Beside the fact that PS Now is pretty expensive for what it offers, but the games lag way too much in general, i tried Tekken Tag 2 PSNow version in my friend's house and the input lag was horrific and it was definitely unplayable. lol

But i would like to ask, i bought the game myself in Xbox 360 back then, and i was pretty impressed about how Netcode was, but unfortunately it was mostly empty, i heard that there were way more players in PS3, is it still viable? And is the netcode good enough? (PSN PS4 is way much better compare to PS3, it's even better than Xbox Live in Xbox 360, one of the reason i wish Sega would've release the game on PS4)

12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

If you get Yakuza 0 you can play VF5FS in an emulator on the ps4. You can even play online with it.

13. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Isn't in Yakuza 6? But oh i didn't knew you can play it online, that's pretty cool, i was planning to get both Yakuza games anyway so that's a pretty nice to know you can play it online.

14. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    Hello,

I'm not new to VFDC or Virtua Fighter.

I took a long time off to handle personal matters.

Now, after 3 and a half years of not playing video games, I re-purchased a PS3 and feel more excited than ever to engage in the never ending, engaging bouts only made possible with the best 3D fighter on the planet (even with the arrival of MK X, Tekken 7, DOA: LR, I still can't find anything that comes close).

PSN: emperorshadox

Add me if you wish to battle.

Thanks

Ares-olimpico, oneida and Modelah like this.
  15. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    See if @Rayne is still around. Dunno how you might contact him, but he logged into VFDC last month.

16. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    Yup I'm new to this site so Xbox 1 and 360 users alike get at me.
    Gt: The Poise Demon

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  17. emperorshadox

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    Is there anyone on PSN ?

My blood boils for a battle!

I've been away for a long time, and I'm getting back into practice!

Cam footage (Using Tekken 5 DR Backing)

@Rayne has no means of contact :-(

18. emperorshadox

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    Hmm it seems most people are on XBL. I don't blame you seeing as the console has the following:

1) Tekken 6
    2) TTT 2
    3) Tekken 7 (Coming soon)
    4) Killer Instinct
    5) MK X
    6) Virtua Fighter 5
    7) Virtua Fighter 5: FS

It seems I have to invest in an XB1.

Not only is it backwards compatible, I already have a copy of VF5:FS which I purchased a while ago. I can just re-download it.

Yep, It's XB1. Love my PS3, but it seems XB1 is holding it down.

PS4 = Powerful system with no backwards compatibility = no buy.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  19. emperorshadox

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai

Which is sad, as this game is clearly ahead of it's time.

Too far ahead.

I just hope we hear that dream announcement of VF6.

I don't think I could handle the emotions.

Why VF5: FS is still the best 3D fighting game to me is simply because of its ability to not age ? I don't know if that makes sense, but the game is so quality, it will easily match up technically against fighting games released in the past 2 years.

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hey emperorshadox,

There really are more people playing VF5FS on the PS3 than on the Xbox 360/Xbox One. It's just that most of those people don't visit and/or post at this forum.

If you don't have an Xbox One by now, I would reconsider the idea of getting it at this point when the new Xbox system that will be out in a few months will play any game that works on Xbox One. If you're seriously thinking about getting an Xbox console just for VF5FS, why not save up for the new system when it comes out later this year, and stick with the PS3 version of VF5FS for the time being?

Kruza

emperorshadox and jimi Claymore like this.