1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF.Net Homepage and Campaign

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Myke, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    As of today, 1st March 2005, the VF.Net for PC homepage can be found at:

https://pc.virtuafighter.net/ev_p/index.html

And as a part of the new Spring season, they're running a campaign where you can get a 10,000G fight money bonus! For those with accounts, log in at the above site, and the very first link will read something like: Great Spring Campaign (in Japanese).

Click on that link then click on the "fight money" link to claim your present. There is a time limit on this offer so do it now!

Also, new character colours are now available which coincidentally cost 10,000G /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kage now has white(!), Brad has grey, and Jacky has brown.

p.s. thanks to nin for the info!
    p.p.s. if you don't have a vf.net account, or don't know what this is about, then please ignore this thread.

2. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Akira: Pure White
    Jacky: brown
    Sarah:Grey
    Lau:passion Orange
    Pai:Grey
    Wolf:pure White
    Jeffery:Dazzle Grey
    Kage: White
    Lion: Vivid Blue
    Shun: Grey
    Aoi: Metallic Black
    Lei: Primal Red
    Vanessa: Black
    Brad: Grey
    Goh: White

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

KICK ASS they brought back white for Kage!

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Does that mean he will have the shiny white pants. Or just shiny white armour /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Hey Myke, thanks for the news! I logged in and gold my free gold /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Right after I got the gold I had some problems navigating the webpage, but now it's a-ok...

And on a completely different note, it had been a while since I've looked but I'm ranked #10 at my arcade! Go me!!!

-Alex

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Myke, thanks for this!

BTW, do you know what happens once the 30 days runs out? You're not going to maintain the account right? Does the name, profile, money, etc. remain even after we no longer pay for the account, i.e. just that we won't be able to make updates?

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Thanks for the tip Myke and Nin. VF money on my birthday! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Browsing thru the site it seems they will have a special every first of the month. I couldn't fully translate though.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    To answer a few questions:

- When your account expires you'll only lose any fight money you have. All your items and customisation will remain intact. But my friend tells me that his account expired once and when he renewed it he still had fight money on it. Maybe there's a short window to renew without losing your money.

- If you play with your card that's on an expired account, I think you lose your ring name too. No biggie here as you can always set it again when you renew.

- If your account expires, you can always renew it. However, I'm not sure if an expired account gets wiped out for good if left for too long. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Continuing with the campaign, at the beginning of next month, April, there'll be a 15,000G bonus, and beginning of May there'll be 20,000G! You must be registered by the end of the preceeding month in order to be eligible for the bonus.

My account expires in a little over a week, but I'll definitely extend it now just to pick up these bonuses!

9. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    money, money, money, mooonnnnnnnnneeey....... MOONNEEEYYY! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. moogar

moogar New Member

I was just in japan for 16 months puzzling how to get VF.net working on my mobile phone... Myke are u saying that VF.net works in australia too? Can we sign up here?

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    moogar, no, that's not what I'm saying.

Only Japan has machines connected to VF.Net. I signed up while I was in Japan a month ago.

12. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Today(1st April) is the second phase of the campaign!!

U will get 15,000G and the items from BA EVO are avaliable in the shop now!!

Note: This is no april fool joke, for those who have the VF.net account go and get the money now!

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    WOO HOO! Mo Money! Mo Money! Mo Money! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Being the beginning of May, don't forget to pick up your free 20,000G on VF.Net for those with accounts.

Also, there's a new (free) present available in the form of an upper body item (after you login, click on the 2nd link and keep following links, answer yes when prompted).

The item is a carp streamer/banner, something from a traditional children's festival in Japan:

[​IMG]