1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Gen consoles. What console looks promising?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, May 21, 2013.

1. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    Well with info revealed about the new consoles there are about a few choices that a re given to us. lets elaborate on them

THE PS4
    release date: Holiday season 2013
    The Specs: single chip custom processor which utilizes eight x86-64 AMD Jaguar CPU cores, with a next-gen AMD Radeon based graphics engine powering the way. Also, "highly enhanced PC GPU". with 8GB of GDDR5 memory.
    features: streaming, xbox360 like interface, no backwards compatibly, playstation move, playstation eye(which looks to be greatly upgraded), Blu-ray drive,etc.
    Speculated price: 400-600
    launch titles: Deep Down (Capcom), Destiny (Bungie), Diablo III (Blizzard), Driveclub (Evolution Studios), Final Fantasy (Square Enix), Infamous: Second Son (Sucker Punch), Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerilla Games), Knack (Sony), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED), Watch Dogs (Ubisoft).

THE XBOX ONE
    release date: said to be by the end of the year
    The Specs: x86 architecture, 2 GPUs in tandem. Radeon HD 7790 graphics card,etc
    Featured: Easy and quick menu swapping, Upgraded Kinect; more fluid motion & voice detection, Kinect comes with the console, Skype chat while watching/playing, "Dynamic" achievements (can save video clip of you getting it for sharing), Not backwards compatible, *Discs will automatically install the game to your drive. Afterwards, you won't need the disc *Used game discs will require a one-time fee to install(conflicting reports?), *Online usability is up to the developer's discretion, *Will not work without Kinect
    *Transitioning from 15,000 servers to 300,000
    *Developers will be able to monitor/send information through cloud servers without patching (new achievements, for example)
    *Singular USB port(?) Debunked.
    *Friends list upgraded from 100 to 1,000
    *Hard drive is irreplacable*External storage supported

WII-U
    The Specs: Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI,
    component, S-video and composite.
    Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
    Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its
    memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
    CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
    Ports of cross-console games made it on. along with New super mario bros U, ZombieU, Nintendoland, etc

STEAM BOX
    So far rumors go around that its steam in console form. i dont have much info on this but what i do have is:
    ● It is speculated that Steam box will be played mainly with a new kind of controller. According to Gabe Newell, the managing director of Valve, the controller could possibly utilize biometrics and gaze tracking.
    ● According to Verge the basic specs of the Steam Box include a Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GPU.
    ● Steam boxes will also take advantage of Steam’s “Big Picture” mode, a feature Valve presented last year at Game Developers Conference, but has yet to release to the public. Valve stated in a press release in 2011 “With big picture mode, gaming opportunities for Steam partners and customers become possible via PCs and Macs on any TV or computer display in the house.”
    Release date
    The release date for Steam box may be 2013 Q1
    So who do you vouch what's going to be the best console and which one are you going to buy? IF U BUY ONE?? #PCmaster
    EDIT: made changes to xbox1 for a bit of accuracy

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Have to be connected online at least daily and the price for unlocking a disc previously tied to another account is equal to the cost of the game itself?

Tournaments are going to get awfully difficult to run if we have to wade through that bullshit.

I like my 360 but I don't feel like I can support the Xbox 1, Sony need to stop dancing around the subject and lay their cards on the table... Right now the Wii U looks like the gamers only option which is just :/

Rodnutz likes this.
  3. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I think it's wise to wait and see how all these things we hear about PS4 and XOne will work in real life. The good news is that both systems will have strong support from third party developers. On the other hand, it seems that many of those developers don't have faith in Wii U's capabilities (so far, only SEGA and Ubisoft showed their support to the system), which can be a real problem for Nintendo.

Let's hope that this year E3 will help us to make the right decision. But, to be honest, the best console will be the one which VF6 will be announced for ;)

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Yeah, the PS4 and One are going to be one in the same, again. It's just these press confernces Sony went for the niche "core" gamer, while MS went with the wider audience. Not much is know about either on the games side and won't be until E3. Although at this point in time, it sounds like PS4 is going to be used for FG tournaments...

Through all this, I found out that PS3 is still backwards compatible but you have to hack it for that feature, lol. That's not happening this go around since that feature has been thrown off a mountain cliff, for what it's worth.

VF6 is when I'll be making the purchase, if I make one. After watching Wonderful 101 footage and knowing Bayonetta 2 is in the works, I'm actually thinking about doing two consoles for the next-gen. That is, if the bullshit is kept to a minimum this gen from either $ony or MS, which I fear might not be the case...

5. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's all about the games in the end, and none of the new consoles have any games that I'm interested in, so I'm going to just bide my time.

6. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    Almost fell asleep yesterday watching that Xbox-Reveal live player event and had to turn it off after about 25 mins, though there was one quite amusing highlight where one of the guest speakers made reference to Microsoft Xbox precision engineering, and even went on to say Xbox One is "rocket science technology",

My first Xbox 360 - RIP 2007 to 2009
    My second Xbox 360 - RIP 2009 to 2009
    My third Xbox 360 - 2010 to Present (has survived two RROD's)

Could add much more to this if I were to go into problems with peripherals, suffice to say I am very much in favour of PS4 at this time.

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

The PC.

also...check this out

Ps4 and PC here i come!

(and im an xbox fan...)

8. Pltnm06Ghosty-J

Pltnm06Ghosty-J Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Pltnm06Ghost
    Already marked Xbox One (or as I like to call TVBox One) on my craplist and I'm still iffy about PS4 since much hasn't been revealed yet. So far my interest lies within the Wii-U. If the PS4 bombs and I lose my interest in the Wii-U, then I'm staying current gen. Crossing my fingers PS4 doesn't disappoint me D:

9. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Without any hint of irony, they played up to and surpassed like every negative connotation the Xbox brand has ever had. When the woman came on and started to talk about Halo TV, it was as if vintage Chris Morris had hijacked the script.

Ten years hard won grudging respect for their platform blown away just like that, unbelievable.

So far, from what I can see, all the most exciting Japanese software development and innovation is appearing on Vita and 3DS, but obviously for some genres, that's not going to be ideal long term.

Shag and Feck like this.
  10. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    PlayStation 4!! PlayStation 4!! PlayStation 4!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!! :D:D:D

DigitlSamurai and Ellis like this.
  11. synce

synce Active Member

This upcoming generation is shaping up to be the first one since PS1 era where I'm only going to buy one console and it's not even going to be at launch. Console is PS4

Ellis likes this.
  12. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

What's so good about the PS4? They've danced around the always online and used game fee issues so far, if it had no such features surely they'd just say so right?

Right now, both consoles worry me.

14. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    neither console is appealing to me at this point. hopefully my PS3 holds up until then (or i get a new super slim PS3)

Feck likes this.
  15. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    Seems as the going for PC would be best for now. Thing is, its a living hell for fighter tournaments too

16. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    oh hai Hitbox. :)

seriously, Hitbox prepares fighting gamers for PC fighting games IMO. or it could be the other way around (keyboard prepares fighting gamers for the Hitbox)

17. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

The Xbox One looks cool and all but I can Imagine all those hand and voice commands that Microsoft is going to have to pushing out updates left and right and they are not good for that. Its also going to launch with only 8 games within the first year of release? If thats true then Ill wait because most likely I will not like any of those 8 games.

18. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I was seriously thinking about picking up the ONE the moment it was available, but with all the bullshit MS is spewing right now I am completely turned off. Sadly in the end my purchase will depend on who gets VF6.

Seriously man these next gen consoles can go fuck themselves. MS should be ashamed of themselves with the bullshit they are trying to make us swallow. Sony better not follow suit and pull the same crap. It's shit like this that makes me want to pirate the games these assholes make. Really I don't understand where MS is going with this each account has to pay to use the same game. WTF so if I live in a household of 5 I gotta buy 5 copies of the same game??????? Yeah sign me up for piracy... pricks!

Honestly I hope gamers serious think this through and do not buy any of these systems if this is how they are going to treat us.

blossy1000, ToyDingo, DomAug and 2 others like this.
  19. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

PC 4 Lyfe

20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

You know this last generation I didn't like any of the consoles that much and waited until VF came online to buy a system. I will do the same with this next generation. None of them look all that great imo. Once their prices go down enough and they stop Screwing the poooch then I might consider one. Once VF6 comes out it'll be easier to decide which system to get. If I end up with a choice, I'll prob stick with PSN if I can't play it on PC/Mac