1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina VF?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ItzJin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Dae

Dae Member

XBL:
    Daemondym
    I'm a fairly new player, just really starting with Final showdown. I live in durham and can host local players for small get togethers. Got a big screen TV, and an Xbox. Hope to get to wander out to the Wednesday night games, but if people are in the area and want to talk about friday night casual, give me a PM.

2. westtrade

westtrade Well-Known Member

Hello Dae,

I am in durham as well. Most of the time I am free for games on Saturday. Friday night can be busy at times. Most weekdays I am free after 6:30, Send me a pm when you are free and we can get some games in sometime.

3. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I believe there is going to be some VF going on at ReSe on the 23rd. Whether is continues or not is going to depend on how it does.

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

GG tonight to Arstal and pal Goodbyeface in Greensboro. Bit of a drive, but I'm happy to have some offline competition in NC. Time to level up!

5. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Memories of that VF4Evo tourney we attended in Raleigh back in (2003?) have just flashed by [​IMG]. I'm glad you're still playing VF, Drift! Are you still rolling with Kage? [​IMG]

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Holy hell, it's Bu_Jessoom! The first thing I thought while driving out to Greensboro was "My last offline competition was that VF4Evo tourney a decade ago!" I haven't really played since then, so I'm relearning everything but I'm still a Kage man. In Spain now, eh? /jealous (even with the recent bailout talk)

7. Alstein

I'll try to do it again next week same time. Hopefully get one more person. I don't want to have a zoo in the house, I'm not Plague, but 4-6 is doable. We're not going to get more then that on a Tuesday afternoon anyways.

8. 7thFonon

7thFonon New Member

Got to play VF for the first time here at Wednesday Night Brawls (I think that's the tournament name?). Pretty fun game. Planning on buying it when I get back to GA so I can play online while I'm waiting on P4U and Tag2 to come out. [​IMG]

I don't live in NC anymore btw, just visiting... but prolly will be moving back at the end of this year though.

9. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Hehe, yeah bro I went back and stayed in Kuwait after graduating from UNC Charlotte in 2004, and now I'm doing my MBA in Barcelona [​IMG]. It's not exactly the healthiest place to be in right now (financially) but I'm only here to do my MBA then head back to Kuwait. It's so different here; the city is more relaxed and things can be slower than what they were like in the US but with time I grew to love it more and more. It certainly has its charm!

Glad that you still play Kage! I am kinda like you and haven't played any VF since VF4Evo (although tried a match or two of VF4FT and VF5R in Japan on 2 separate trips), but have played a fair amount of SF4 and now back to VF. It's nice to be able to go online and play against a bunch of different people; can't do that easily in Kuwait!

10. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

GGs today to westtrade. I'm super jealous of your cabinet. I need to find a woodworker.

I learned that I turn into a tick-throwing s.o.b. when my back-turned Kage shenanigans get stuffed. I'll work on that. ^,^

11. Dae

Dae Member

XBL:
    Daemondym
    Ggs to westtrade last week at wnb in Raleigh. I'm working this wednesday, but if I can, I'm hoping to throw a thing thursday or friday night at my house. Xbox, big screen, I've only got one stick, but if there is interest, give me a PM, so that I can figure out when people would like to start, and give directions.

12. Alstein

Heads up:

Anyone who wants to do this offline, I'm running VF as a side tourney this Saturday at ReSe in Charlotte. Will be on PS3.

13. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Wish I could make it to ReSe, but it's a bit short notice for me to take off work. I -will- be at WNB this week, though. So, westtrade, you better work on those throw-techs!

14. westtrade

Good games to:
    Drift
    7thFonon
    Dae

Arstal, I have a wedding to attend this weekend around the Charlotte area. If I can sneak away, I will try to show up to get a few matches in. Where exactly is ReSe being held at and does it cost anything to attend? Thanks

15. Alstein

16. Alstein

If anyone's wondering how VF did- it drew 10 folks with a $5 entry fee, without 3-4 folks in the area not showing up. Odds of the game staying around a few months are going to depend on more folks showing up, but it did better than some games.

Finals were getting hype, but wasn't streamed. People seemed to get into the game the more they played it/watched it.

17. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Alstein, I'm glad to see FS got your requisite 8. ^,~ There were a few people getting interested at WNB last week as well. We simply have to "be the scene" in order to grow it. I wish I was able to host and/or make more events, but I will continue to do my part.

18. westtrade

I will have a VF session at my house on Sat. If you want to come over for some games, let me know.

19. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Hey guys, Raleigh area player here. I haven't made it out to WNB in a while, but if VF is being played I will definitely bring my setup out sometime soon!

Hit me up on XBL for some games anytime in the evening, I'm on almost every night.

20. westtrade

Hello Trykt,

Currently we dont need another setup for WNB, but we need players to come out and play the game. If you are free this Sat, you are welcome to come over to get some VF matches in. Send me a PM if you want details.