1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Got one! My local Gamestop had a unit. The fact that all these places have inventory isn't exactly good news for Sony.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Typing with joypad painful...

3. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Hahah, you're telling me.

4. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got those new Elecom converters for the ps3...don't know if anyone has posted this yet anywhere here, but:

The serial or whatever number is JC PS101USV

5. KTallguy

Hmmm, definitely bring them if you can come to our next meet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

They're using the converters for DR lol.

And let's get a roadtrip going for the SoCal tourney!

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Good games yesterday guys, everyone is starting to get really really good. We'll have a new challenger soon, gotta train hard.

8. flood

flood Active Member

Srider I am pretty jealous of your schene lol

9. Pai_Garu

Hi guys, there will be a big gathering this Sunday for some VF action!!

This weekend's gathering will feature evo on ps2, Final Tuned in a 2p cabinet, our own new Japanese Jacky player Shin, and something you simply don't want to miss as a VF player.

Email me, reply to this thread, or give me a call for details!!

You really don't want to miss this gathering as it's most likely our last big bang before VF5 hits!!

10. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

Any of you guys by chance want to host a GDC gathering, theres a chance ill be in the area during that time through sunday.

11. Pai_Garu

Sure, we can do that. Alot of people will be traveling here for GDC, so I'll make a bigger announcement once we figure things out.

12. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Next meet Sunday?

Please ;_;

13. Pai_Garu

I guess Sunday is cool, not sure about everyone's schedule though.

14. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

how is the skill level between everybody who comes to your gatherings? i'm a total beginner at virtua fighter and usually play 3rd strike but would love to hang out to learn the game as i know playing against people better than you is the best way to learn. i can also be a decent live combo dummy for you vf pros. :p

i live in the eastbay and don't mind driving out to where competition is good. i also have a ps3 if you guys can host multiple setups as well as a hrap3 coming and elecom adapters if you want to use your ps2 based sticks.

and of course i can bring some beers! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Pai_Garu

The skill level of the players range from New to Vet to Japanese Pro. There are now over 20 active players in the Bay Area that joins us for games. We usually have multiple setups, and there are at least 4 or 5 PS3's between us. We need people to bring small monitors and sticks, but right now we have enough equipment to have 3 setups or so.

A couple of us are also pretty strong 3S players, and we have a 3S running on CPS3. Perfect combination for you to play /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

cool, i pm'd you my info for any gatherings you guys decide to have.

thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

I'm up for a saturday midnight gathering till whenever if that's possible too...

18. Pai_Garu

I don't think we can have a gathering this weekend... Set your calendars for next weekend though, we'll have at least two to three VF5 setups. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

19. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

not even sunday? ;_;

i can only next weekend...actually, every weekend only on sundays now...

20. KTallguy

So is the meetup still on?