1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Anyone want to get started on making arrangements for a meetup around GDC time? There's a couple of folks I know who will be in the area during that time and who'd love to attend a gathering of some sort, including THE LEGENDARY FISHIE. We can't pass up an opportunity like that, can we?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Just wanna let you guys know that we'll have a gathering once again this Sunday (Feb. 09) for VF5/FT/3S action at the usual spot. Contact me if you need to coordinate details.

It's going to be full out VF5 fun!

3. REAL_JEFF_FREE

REAL_JEFF_FREE Well-Known Member

say no more...

4. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i just realized today is the 9th and sunday is the 11th. so which is it?

5. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

It's Sunday.

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Nice. I hope my Akira practice will pay off.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Isn't it ironic that we had the chance to play VF5 in advance of most folks here in the U.S., but because we ordered the VSHG we are now one of the last to actually own the game?

The waiting is killing me...

8. Zero-chan

Hey guys, how long do you expect the gathering on Sunday to last? I definitely want to come, but I need to ask because I've got a review due first thing Monday morning. I'll need to get home at a somewhat decent hour in order to bang it out in time.

9. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Well last time went to about 8ish but because Shin(?) had to go home (in Sacramento).

Maybe the same time? Thats my guess.

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yeah peeps see, touch and smell THE LEGEND.

11. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

One more day of this slave labor and I can play again!!

12. Pai_Garu

Sorry guys, but we had to cancel the gathering due to some unforeseen consequences.

13. Zero-chan

Curses, foiled again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Looks like it's just FF6 for me this weekend...

14. 001

anybody live in the east bay area, specifically contra costa county or walnut creek through pleasanton area? seems like everyone is from the city or around the peninsula.

i'm looking for local heads who want to practice and match with more regularly so we don't have to go through 5 freeways and pay bridge tolls just to have comp. :p

post up so everyone can see who we are. (if there are even any us :p)

15. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Yay VF5 for Evo this year!

16. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Ah, you're quite a ways a way.

Most of us are in SF, SJ or Peninsula. We have one guy in Berkley that plays sometimes.

My recommendation is that you get a PSP/DS and take Bart .
    When we have gatherings, I pick up people at Colma all the time.

17. 001

yeah, i figured as much but i figure i'd post up just in case anybody new happens upon this thread and was looking for some eastbay action.

so any word on a gathering for this weekend (preferably sunday) or is everybody still waiting for their sticks to arrive?

really want to see how you guys are playing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

18. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    It still on for this weekend?

19. 001

if none of you guys are hosting a get together, i might be able to open up my house for some play on sunday during the afternoon from 12pm-6pm if anyone is interested.

currently i have vf5 and t5dr on the ps3 and pretty much every fighter for ps2 import and domestic. also a pair of sanwa sticks to go with the ps3 and a pair of happ comps for the ps2. ps3 games would get play on the plasma (sorry its just an edtv) and ps2 games could get play on the 27" tube.

i live in danville but that might be too far for some of you.

i won't know till i get back tomorrow afternoon because i have to head out to fresno tonight for a family thing but will definitely post up something by 2pm tomorrow to let heads know if there is interest.

20. Pai_Garu

Our usual place is a no go. I've been talking about it over with a couple of other people about getting a new regular venue. The problem right now is displays. We have more than enough PS3's, games, and sticks for multiple setups, but right now, most people's displays are big 40+ inch TV's that no one wants to lug around.

The scene is getting bigger as well, so we will need a place that can do preferably 4 to 5 set ups, and comfortably accommodate potentially 30+ people. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Maybe someone's school or a place we can rent out for half a day. I'll try to get my hands on a 21" LCD display that is portable enough for an extra setup, maybe someone else have something similar that they can offer. Just let me know if anyone has any ideas, I'd really like to get together and play this weekend.