1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

There's plenty of hotels in and around SF, maybe rent out a small conference room for a day. It doesn't have to be one of those stupid expensive places downtown, just find a Best Western with some meeting rooms or something.

Problem is, that costs money. I'm not sure how much, but it probably couldn't hurt if we pitched in together for a VF gathering fund.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It'd be much better to rent out a place with the equipments needed already so we don't have to bring TV's and PS3's around. Thus why I suggested some netbar/console arcade type of place. Renting out a place with no amenities or equipment is a waste of money imo, I'd rather play the game for free as much as possible.

3. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

For tourney in SoCal in March, anyone else going or interested who isn't flying? I'd rather carpool and split gas than pay airfare right now...

No car around that time either, but I can drive ;]

4. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i doubt anybody was interested but it's not looking good for tomorrow since i have to go out of town for a bit and may not be back until mid afternoon tomorrow.

i'll post up if anything changes.

5. MonkLei

MonkLei New Member

Hi Guys,
    I just moved to Bay area (sunnyvale). Looks like you guys are having weekly VF5 gatherings. I would like to go to if there is one tomorrow too

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I might be able to host someday, just depends on my roommates.

They don't like to share the TV when they're here, but there are two LARGE TVs (one regular, one HD [non-flat screen]). Space might be an issue though (maybe 12 max?) and I don't have a PS3 (yet, will wait till June).

I will try to keep you guys updated.

Peace,

-seb

7. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i'm good all week next week if anybody wants to roll out to danville for some matches and kick my el blaze's butt.

hit me up on the pm for directions or questions if interested.

also if you guys want to have a gathering the weekend of march 3rd or 4th i'd be happy to host. i only have one widescreen tv though so if you want to have multiple set ups, you guys will have to bring tvs, ps3's, the game, and extra sticks since i only have enough for one set up.

post up so we can get it planned if there is interest.

i'm itchin for some live matches with people who know the game. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. Shadowcuz

Shadowcuz Member

dam it seems like you guys live kinda far lol

9. Pai_Garu

Well, most of us are either close to SF or around Mountain View, Sunnyvale.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

OK if we don't get a big gathering going, we can at least organize a small one at my place (near Stanford). One TV only though, so I'm thinking 5-6 people. C'mon guys we need to train for Socal...

11. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    This weekend? (if yes... SHIT)

Damn papers that I did not procrastinate with!
    --------

Not certain if I'll be able to next weekend but I can host at my place (see Frapprmaps). Wait for updates... (should I make my own thread or post it in this one? because this one doesn't get too much traffic/feedback :/)

I hate this... life isn't compatible with VF most of the time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

12. Scamp

Scamp Well-Known Member

New person to the boards!

I haven't played VF in a while but I'd be interested in attending a gathering to play/learn/get better. Hopefully some of you may know me from playing Smash Brothers and Guilty Gear, or know someone who knows me.

Anytime after this sunday (March 4th) would be great. I'm gonna go check out the character forums to see what I can see. Please send me a PM or post in this thread, I'm very happy to know that people actually play this game.

EDIT: I'm in Berkeley, by the way.

13. Akira_Sakira

Akira_Sakira New Member

New to the boards as well!

Does anyone know if Ryan still sucks with Vanessa?

14. Leepwn

Leepwn New Member

New here too!

Ryan actually plays Vanessa? I thought he was just kidding, and slapping the buttons...that's not his 4th tier character?

15. Pai_Garu

So many new norcal players :).

Actually, maybe you guys are all already friends of friends..

16. breadeater

breadeater New Member

Man, they will let anyone in here ;P Talkin' all that smack with nothing to back it up! I think you guys need to go back to playing Tekken, 3 buttons confuses you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I had to re-register just to comment on this, haven't been to the forums since VF4(og), good to be back tho /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Hey guys need a place to play?

--------
    I can host this weekend (Sat and/or Sun). Unless you guys got somewhere for this weekend(?).

PM me for address/directions, telephone, email.

We have Two big screen TVs (40"?). Just bring s PS3/Sticks/Snacks as I only have a PS2, a shit stick and a pad.
    --------

Simple house rule: just don't make a mess, and don't break shit. Thats it.

18. Akira_Sakira

Akira_Sakira New Member

Uh oh... Ryan's mad. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Looks like he's going to bust out some Scrubnessa the next time we're down.

19. Leepwn

Leepwn New Member

Hey, c'mon, 50/50 tackles take skill...it worked with Craig, didn't it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Hey North Cali,

I will be in town 3/9-3/18 and looking to get as many games in as possible. I will be staying at the sheraton @ fisherman's wharf. Mostly during the day I will be hanging out with family and sight seeing since it's my first trip there, but at night I will be freed up for games. I really hope to meet everyone during my stay and learn more about vf5. Holler back at a vfer!

Peace^-^