1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Nurturing a young akira

Discussion in 'Akira' started by geR, Jun 13, 2005.

1. FISHandONEchip

FISHandONEchip Well-Known Member

So vanity, you give out bullshit advice (which no-one agrees with). You claim to be able to beat the best guys and then deny it. What the fuck is your major malfunction numbnuts.

2. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

OMG MOVIE quotes and 5th grader insults, you really showed him!

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

What can I say - I concede defeat /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And ev2, I don't remember the exact words I said in my PM, but I don't ever recall saying anything of the like: "I am better than Chibita, Ohsu, Mask etc.". If anytihng, it was somewhere along the lines, "I don't see Chibita, Ohsu etc. being able to destroy me, because I don't think they're on a completely different level than me".

There's no question in my mind that the top players in Japan (even mid-top) would be able to beat me with relative ease, but there's no way they're so much better than me that I wouldn't A: provide good competition, and B: be able to beat them a few times.

-van the politician (never admitting defeat, always backtracking)

4. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

And ev2, I don't remember the exact words I said in my PM, but I don't ever recall saying anything of the like: "I am better than Chibita, Ohsu, Mask etc.". If anytihng, it was somewhere along the lines, "I don't see Chibita, Ohsu etc. being able to destroy me, because I don't think they're on a completely different level than me".

There's no question in my mind that the top players in Japan (even mid-top) would be able to beat me with relative ease, but there's no way they're so much better than me that I wouldn't A: provide good competition, and B: be able to beat them a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's only one way to prove this matter...take a trip to Japan, track down a few "household" VF names, play some matches and make note of the scores (recording matches for posterity).

Otherwise it's best to steer right away from comments along the line of "I'd be good competiton for them" or "I'd be able to beat them a few times" (with reference to "top" VF players).

5. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Vanity, you fucktard people here who played the japanese would beat their right nut that you could barely hang w/ some of the NAVF little alone the Japanese.

Come on punk put some footage up let's see your skillz. I bet I have more pad skillz in my thumb than all your time playing VF.

6. DragonCop

DragonCop Well-Known Member

Akira's best Combo:[P]+[K]+[G][3_][P]+[G][2_][6_]or[P]

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Ok, that's enough please. No, Akira's best combo is not fucking Spod.... do some research and play the game some more - A LOT MORE.

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

What can I say - I concede defeat /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And ev2, I don't remember the exact words I said in my PM, but I don't ever recall saying anything of the like: "I am better than Chibita, Ohsu, Mask etc.". )

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. You said you would be able to beat them.

9. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

And I probably could... after they beat me 10 times. The point is that I don't believe they are on such a higher level than me that it woudl be impossible for me to beat them.

10. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

I saw in a post that said you live in Toronto. I will be visiting Toronto in a couple of months. How about you and I get in a few games of VF, it can even be Evo if you like.

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

You should play more people Vanity, then maybe you will understand just what you are saying...........

12. DragonCop

What is vanity's rank in Quest Mode?

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Akira_PH said:

I saw in a post that said you live in Toronto. I will be visiting Toronto in a couple of months. How about you and I get in a few games of VF, it can even be Evo if you like.

[/ QUOTE ] Sure m8, that'd be awesome. If someone from the local scene could do a... house gathering of sorts, I'd gladly come.

There's nothing I want more than to be destroyed, trust me.

And dragoncop, you know what, just kill me now.

14. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If someone from the local scene could do a... house gathering of sorts, I'd gladly come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick, meet dead horse...

What the heck is wrong with Metro Square? Toronto is one of the few spots in North America with FT & an arcade scene. Get active in the tea party thread & go get some games in already.

If money's the issue, I'll gladly paypal you 50 cents (or whatever they have in Canada...hehe) since someone of your enormous gifts clearly won't have to put much more in the machine to get lots of play time in.

If it's a stick/pad thing, then again, someone of your enormous gifts won't have a problem adapting.

FT/evo thing? Again, enormous gifts.

Mommy won't drive you? Tell her I've an enormous gif...err nevermind. Don't you have a brother who plays? Make that shit happen, dog!

I'm not trying to get too personal or flame you up here but you have to understand that people don't want to hear about how fucking awsome you are at VF. Trust me, if you're like Ryan and are creative & quick enough to make your fuckups look like setups then you won't have to say a goddamned word.

You can start by losing the sig.

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dragoncop said:

What is vanity's rank in Quest Mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree it shouldn't happen and I second this thread morale fighting high. Second wath is Yuor QuestModeranking Vanity??? Picture of Proof?

/KiwE

16. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Kiwe - one of the best sig's ever. I wish everybody thought this way

17. DragonCop

That quote is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Kiwe, you're such a VF slut, RESPECT BABY!

19. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Well, the idea of the sig is subjective. It's meant only to apply to those who take offense to it /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

Man this thread is full of funny things. Vanity = ROFL material.