1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Nvidia GTX1080 dropping 5/27/16. GG to the following:

Discussion in 'General' started by Shang, May 7, 2016.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

GG to:
    @Zass for working at AMD, better get in line at the UI now.

@Libertine for buying that 800$ POS EVga 980ti.

All you console scrubs on AMD hardware, keep on dreaming about PS4K while PC gamer VR in 4K son.

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Chief_Flash and steelbaz like this.
  3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Ok, he dead.

IcKY99 and Chief_Flash like this.
  4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

If I cared about upgrading every time a new graphics card was released, this might bother me.

I'm sure this will be awesome, but I'll wait around 3 years or so before I get a new card.

5. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    If you cared about having the best card you'd be upset, but since you don't actually game on PC it doesn't matter, we understand. As shang says GG's!

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I'm playing Crysis 2 right now. This game is terrible.

steelbaz likes this.
  7. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Dude, you got problems... Buys a 800$ graphics card but says doesn't care for the best. Buys a 800$ graphics card but doesn't play games. Then play a game on his 800$ graphics card but says it's terrible.
    my name is @Libertine, I buy the best gpu on the market but don't game. It's like I bought the best car in the world but then takes the bus. U gonna play some shit with us or what?

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Chief_Flash and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  9. Libertine

Just because I don't play games with you doesn't mean that I don't play games. LOL. I just finished Crysis and Crysis: Warhead at the highest settings. They were pretty good games. It's just Crysis 2 that's bad.

Convince me that upgrading is worth it, and I'll donate my 980 Ti to @IcKY99 so he can improve his scrubby stream. How much will the increase in performance be worth it? Can Crysis 3 be played at 60 FPS at 1440p, and at the highest settings? Educate me, homie!

Chief_Flash likes this.
  10. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with you and your obsession with crisis? Dude it's 2016.. You are like the kid that got stuck back in 2007, when the game came out and no hardware can run it in 60fps.. You had a dream that some day you can play crysis in 60fps, and fulfilling it in 2016. Dude no one gives a fuck about crysis today, wake up! No one cares if you can run it in 60fps.. It's fucking LOL, you are even judge on pascal on if it runs 60fps crysis. LOL wtf?
    A lot of shit runs crysis 60fps 1440, 970 sli? 980 sli? 980ti sli? Zzz, wake up to 2016 @Libertine.. Try something else, tome raider? Witcher 3? Heck FC4?
    You are a LOL, playing through games you admitting hate just cuz 10 years ago you had a dream. Nobody cares about crysis son. And soon nobody will care about your 800$ POS. GG. Oh did I tell you 980ti are 400$ street now. owned!
    Btw: discrete GPU doesn't help you on stream... YOu need bandwidth and CPU, I mean look at NYCrew running on AMD garbage, their steam is good. Educated yourself, don't be a tool.

Chief_Flash likes this.
  11. Libertine

Crysis 3 came out in 2013... Web sites are still using it to test graphics cards.

I wasn't talking about using the graphics card to stream. I was talking about the fact that there's slowdown on IcKY's stream because he's using a 960. This slows the game down, not the stream, so occasionally it's annoying to watch.

I'll wait until the 1080 is tested on games before I decide whether or not I'll upgrade.

12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

@Libertine you act to know everything, but the truth is: you don't know much, about anything. You are the very definition of ignorance.
    The game slows down is because he set the settings too high, and that's going to happen regardless of a 960 or a 980ti. In reality streaming don't go pass 1080p, and with compression makes it you can't tell the different between medium and ultra setting. So it's kinda dumb to give him a 980ti when he can't set the proper settings. Better stick with PS4, noobs. Play some shit yet?

Chief_Flash and steelbaz like this.
  13. Libertine

I'd give him the card so he could set everything higher, but yeah, I guess I couldn't always tell the difference on stream.

For what do you think the 1080 will matter at ultra settings? The games you mentioned should work fine with a 980 Ti. Tomb Raider? Really?

14. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Godoku, can Libertine's GPU handle VR?

Chief_Flash likes this.
  15. Libertine

VR is retarded.

16. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

= Failed again.

17. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I think even my 270x can 60fps ultra Crysis 1, and that card was about $170 back in 2014. However Nvidia cards are trash, I mean lying to customers about memory capacity? Yep. AMD is for pimps only, too bad the drivers and control panel are garbo. Actually I take that back, both GPU makers suck ass.

18. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Last time I check 3.5+.5=4. So they were technically lying to their customers. I mean yes the last .5 is slow as ass, but I assure you 3.5 to 4gb of vram doesn't matter. 970 is/was the best bang for the buck since it came out. Which game takes more than 3gb of vram... oh... like none. how about can of stfu? Learn something relevant and stop being ignorant.

Ellis likes this.
  19. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Explain?

20. Libertine

It might be fun as a distraction, but the best way to game will always be with a mouse, keyboard, and a monitor. I can't imagine VR ever being used for competitive gaming.