1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYGX is next month (new trailer)

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Jul 11, 2015.

By oneida on Jul 11, 2015 at 11:17 AM
  1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1

Hard to believe, isn't it? Somewhere in the hubbub of E3 megatons this year flew by for me. It feels like just yesterday I was sharing that first trailer - but that was like, 5 months ago. And now, we are mere weeks away from NYGX - and it's looking like it's going to be the biggest Virtua Fighter event outside of Japan this year. While you may scoff and think "some accomplishment that is", bear in mind that this year we've seen Virtua Fighter flourish in Canada, having landed tournaments and stream time at CECC2, Toryuken 4, and later this year, Canada Cup.

So, with all that in mind, I'm proud to say that NYGX will be bigger and better for VF than any of those. We've got confirmed guests flying in from all over the continental US including longtime vets like @adamYUKI , as well as community beacon @BLACKSTAR coming in from Georgia - and that flourishing Canadian scene? Yeah, they'll be at NYGX too! Long-time VFDC emperor @Myke is coming in from The Land Down Under after devastating Toronto with his Kage (I spoke to them after to confirm their devastation). Much of this is owed to the dedication and hard work of @cruzlink2 without whom NYGX would not exist.

If you can, join us next month while we celebrate the 10th NYG with a truly special event. Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtua Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned and Virtua Fighter 5R will all be present and playable in their arcade incarnations, and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will take the main stage with singles and team tournaments throughout the weekend. NYGX will take place at Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn NY from August 14th through August 16th - hope to see you there.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Jul 11, 2015.