1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic Feedback: VF.Talk Live with Asapon, Sexy Saito, and Shinjuku Jacky

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Tricky, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

This is why page layout is so important. The important info imo should be highlighted via bolded text or separated from the noise (rest of paragraph) so it's easy to find.

Under the chick, put her name (this is so and so!). Another line restate what you already told us in the paragraph, wtf the event is KUMETE event on June 22nd.

Remember, people don't read. They want bulletpoints to serve as anchors in addition to the optional reading.

Tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them what you said you'd tell them, then tell them what you told them.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    No worries.

I am just surprised that majority of the posts in this thread is about Asapon rather than the possibility of new information about the Virtua Fighter series. Asapon is the voice actress and singer pictured in the first post. Asapon is a female. Yes, Tricky, the bolded text and two extra sentences were posted just for you :D.

Unfortunately, I only make news posts for people that read posts. People who can't read or have no intention to read are not my target audience.

pana and Shag like this.
  3. Tricky

Yo son asapon is hotness and there is a huge picture of her, she's gonna be the topic of conversation. Akai, I hope my constructive feedback isn't getting lost on you. People dont' read is a figure of speech. Also remember, nobody has ever lost money for underestimating their audience.

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Your constructive feedback is not lost. I just consider your post to be off target of what the news post entails. I read your feedback and it was more suited feedback for an actual paper rather than two paragraphs with 3 sentences each. In my opinion, adding bullet points for two paragraphs that just have 3 sentences each, is just adding more noise to the news post. In the end, it is mostly a matter of preference. If you really wish to continue this discussion, we can separate how to write a proper paper into another thread :).

5. Tricky

Yeah make it a separate thread. I think a news posting like that is specifically the kind of place where you need the highlight the important information. Make things as easy as possible for the reader. We have bold, italics and underline for a reason.

The competition post before this one is a good example of using bold well. In the news posting it tells us when it's ending. That is critical information and it is fast and easy to see because it's bolded. I think website front pages are akin to front pages of newspapers and need to take into account how to control where someone's eyes will be drawn to.

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Can the news post be improved? Absolutely.

In my opinion, though, 3 out of 4 points you made in your constructive feedback post was out of the scope, not pertinent, and/or makes the short news post worst.

The only point that I agree with you is to use bold to emphasize certain parts of a short post. However, if someone can't even read to the second sentence or third sentence of the first paragraph for specific information that they are seeking, it is not the post's fault but the reader's fault.

Feck likes this.
  7. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK

asa1.jpeg asa2.jpg asa3.jpeg

Confirmed.

Sozos likes this.