1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Oki setups

Discussion in 'Kage' started by G0d3L, May 8, 2013.

1. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Love it , BT wall oki.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I just want to finally be able to see the hitboxes and hurtboxes for the attacks in this game. Even that ghetto PS3 emulator could probably show us that if we did it right.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Getting way off topic now, but why do you want to see hit/hurt boxes?

I've never felt that VF was hampered by not being able to see hit/hurt boxes. The system of high, mid, low attacks (and their 'ex' variants) along with frame data is generally enough to always understand what-beats-what in any situation.

In 99% of cases, I feel that the animations make sense. For those rare attacks that have dynamic evasive properties built-in, then maybe there's some value in being able to visualise the hit/hurt box, but it's generally something you can figure out in training mode. As a fictitious example, with some testing you can reasonably quickly find out that move X can "duck" a mid attack during -3 to -5 situations.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I've noticed that hurtboxes are very odd and are pretty generous after a whiff but it depends on the move. Hit and Hurt boxes tend to not match the character models. I would like to be able to see it for once, instead of just trial and error. It'd just speed the process up.

totally way off topic.

Kruza, Ytpme_Secaps and Myke like this.
  5. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    I agree more with myke, tho tricky could prob give me examples of why it mattered. I always looked at it like there is high crush, low crush and distance crush. And for dealing with distance crush you need to select a move that has "distance cover" . Thats a very simplistic view but it always seemed to apply.