1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

One quick question about Akira

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Dennis0201, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a question and hopefully get the answer.
    Well, the thing is about Akira's [3] [P] [+] [K]

I had couple matches with Plague last night and I found something I couldn't realize by myself. The thing is that almost everytime(99% I guess) when I was doing ETEG, I would get a CH hit by Akira's [3] [P] [+] [K]. Actually this happened before but I thought it's just a coincidence and I never faced this issue seriously. However, I did test last night when I was playing with Plague and apparently I had nothing to do about this. [​IMG]

First of all, the entire situation is when I block or hit by Akira's [P], I do ETEG immediately. And the point is after that I will definiatly get a CH by his [3] [P] [+] [K]. I believe that's because the CPU judge my situation is hit during those ETEG inputs. No matter how many inputs I reduce, I can't change this result and get a CH no question. The only way I can solve it is DO NOT import any input when I evade, which means I need to sacrifice my TEs, that's it.

Secondly, I'm wondering can anyone block Akira's [3] [P] [+] [K] by seeing the animation? I tried to do that but it turns out I failed. I knew I couldn't evade anymore coz I would get a CH again so I was trying to block Akira's [6] [6] [P] or [3] [P] [+] [K] after his [P]. I did fuzzy right after his [P] to avoid his [6] [6] [P] and throws, but I didn't have time to crouch if he used [3] [P] [+] [K] after my fuzzy, so the only way for me was to GUESS either one of these two choices.

I hope someone can explain the questions above coz I was trying to reduce my risk after Akira's [P]. Is there anything I should notice? All I did was trying to make the situation back to even based on the defence.I don't believe it's worth to gamble with Akira.

Btw, is it +4 after blocking Akira's [3] [P] [+] [K]?
    How come I couldn't hit back by using Jacky's [6] [P] [K] when Akira used [6] [6] [P] immediately? Am I wrong?

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Did you play online?

I know the low backfist tracks if you do ETEG. I hadn't realized it Counterhits. This is the kind of weakness ETEG has against slow moves, the only way to avoid is to do an empty evade (no TE inputs. )

Akiras low backfist should be -5 on block.

3. Dennis0201

Yes, this happened online and I can't find anyone to test offline.
    I hope someone can figure out this if you guys play offline and prove that I am wrong..

Like I said, the only way I found out to avoid this CH is not to do any input. However, this will being me into another dead end if I sacrifice TEs. I can't find any slow move exactly like Akira's 3P+K so I'm not able to test it. Any suggestion??

-5 for Akira right? So I should be able to hit back by using Jacky's 6PK against Akira's 66P. That's weird I failed. Anyway I'll pay attention next time, thanks.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Please don't shoot me down for this, I realise it may be a stupid question. Have you asked Plague if he was doing:
    [4] [4] [3] [P] [+] [K] ?

I notice a lot Akira users do this on advantage and it can make a significant difference to the timing of you response.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I believe you can save the online replay and check his inputs too, if you do rematches.

The fact that you couldnt interrupt DE after blocking low backfist suggests there was some heavy lag involved..

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Best way i've found to deal with it at minor disadvantages is to do Fuzzy Guard then get ready to hold [2] if you see the move coming out, [3][P]+[K] has a slow execution speed so it works pretty well.

Also if you are only at a minor disadvantage and you're really expecting your opponent to do [3][P]+[K] then you could risk attempting a launcher or whatever. Like I said earlier [3][P]+[K] has slow exe, there's lots of moves that'll come out quicker than it.

7. Dennis0201

Yes, I think I should save some matches next time. But is there any effect to check online match?
    First, I believe I shouldn't be hit by a CH even I was during ETs.I hope the reason is the timing window is too restictive online. Considering on blocking Akira's 3P+K, can anyone do this after fuzzy? I'll be happy if someone say it's possible.

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yes it's possible, I explained how to do it in my other post [​IMG]

It's probably not going to work too well for you online though, I try it a lot and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as it does offline [​IMG]

9. Dennis0201

Haha, I hope this question is a stupid one too!!
    Our matches are always in a good connection, which means if I can't solve this situation here and I'll fail in any other match too.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes, its quite possible.. It is actually one of the blocking trials in VF4Evo. Fuzzy then block df+P+K on reaction. however, don't forget that online lag gives you less reaction time, so things that you think should be possible, suddenly turn out to be too hard.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It just sounds like the Guard at the end of the ETE is letting you down, and playing under lag will do this.

Since the guard doesn't come out at the end of the evade, then you'll get a throw miss animation which makes the [3][P][+][K] track and CH you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all, the entire situation is when I block or hit by Akira's [P], I do ETEG immediately. </div></div>
    In this situation (guard or normal hit), you should just fuzzy instead. It's much lower risk.

12. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Dennis, it sounds like lag to me. In fact, I get counterhit in lag situations alot. It can be a huge challenge. You can either play for the heck of it, or just refuse to play them again.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I had a similar experience the other day, I was fighting a Russian Pai, it was 3 bar connection and it LOOKED fine, and at times felt fine, but then I started getting hit out of things very weirdly. I know I had advantage but then suddenly I was hit out of it and got counterhitted a LOT.

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    ahahaha Plague does it again. Really I wish I could use this move like how he does. Even when I was at Socal and I played against I was like <span style="font-size: 11pt">O_O</span> how the hell is he doing this?

8-9 losses in a row later I think my eyes were still bleeding from amazement. Dude seriously... what is your secret?

Dennis it's like they said, since Talis just seems to have the knack for putting the right amount of delay on this move you are often getting hit because Akira's arms are flailing all over the place from a fail ETEG.

15. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    usually i can low punch cut akira's 3P+K. but i have to guess in advance to be successful. it's hard to see at first, but if you train your eyes hard enough, you should be able to block this move on reaction. it's very similar to wolf's 3P+K.

16. Dennis0201

You are absolutely right Myke. I noticed I got CH when I was doing throw miss animation and I'm totally okay with that. But the following step was I reduced my TE(input) to only 1 direction, however, I still got CH at the end. The entire animation was like " I got a CH when I was during the walking(evading) period". To be honest, I still don't know why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all, the entire situation is when I block or hit by Akira's [P], I do ETEG immediately. </div></div>
    Yes, you are right again. When I realized I should go back to fuzzy, I still had nothing to deal with the following 3P+K. I either hold 2 in advance or just ignore it. I was not able to block it when I saw Akira's animation.

17. Dennis0201

I hope this situation only happens online dude. But the thing is our connection between me and Plague are always good enough. Which means there's no huge lag I need to concern. But apparently, I think the window for 3P+K is too restrict to do anything.

18. Dennis0201

Haha, I never 100% trust how many bars I have. Sometimes 3 bars is worse than 2 bars for me. And even I have 3 bars with some specific characters like Brad or Blze, I don't think it's fair enough for me coz mostly I can't struggle or hit back in an appropriate timing. But all these happens to their fast moves!! How slow Akira's 3P+K is? I never thought I have a problem with a slow move~~ [​IMG]

19. Dennis0201

Dude, I believe you totally understand what I was talking about!!
    Yes, Talis used delay for his 3P+K and that's why I couldn't evade his move instead of getting a CH. Do you think the reason is I fail the ETEG? I'm pretty sure you have the same idea with Myke but what if I say I only did 1 direction on ETEG? Do you still believe I got a CH due to my fail? I'm surprised if I fail 1 direction ETEG with a throw miss animation.
    I won't mind if I get a NH coz I never intend to do low block after my ETEG. But I don't think I deserve a CH either.

20. Dennis0201

Actually I should did something feedback like you but I insisted to find the way out by defense on that moment. If you can block 3P+K on reaction, does that mean you can also evade it on reaction??