1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

One quick question about Akira

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Dennis0201, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    All this reaction and commentary has had quite the positive effect. I am very flattered.

I now plan to make things worse.

Realize that 3P+K and shoulder go through P, 2P, and 6P when I'm at disadvantage and in closed stance. My next goal is to watch stance in more situations.

The "Things to Fear" list grows...

1). KNEE
    2). SPoD
    3). 3P+K
    4). Shoulder
    5). Closed Stance
    6). ... (Guess we'll see [​IMG])

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Dennis, you can still get CH even if it's just 1 TE without the Guard due to the lag. BTW are get getting CH at the end of a successful evade or in the middle of a failed one?

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Myke, I can't tell but I think it's in the middle of a failed ETEG.
    Probably I need to force myself to be faster on that.

4. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Yeah I was about to say what Myke said. There are many degrees of lag, wich means all kinds of things go wrong. Whats really happening is that guard is getting lost, not registering or something else at the end of ETEG. Thats not a bad connection at all really. I would sometime evade neutral in that case.

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

3P+K is definitely a great move and one of talis's favorites, I eat it all the time offline.
    However imo I've been successful using jumping attacks on reaction to beat it like Sarah 8K+G and 9K+G. It depends on your character I guess and also some yomi. I remember an exercise in VF4 EVO where you could practice evading/blocking it on reaction.

PS: Talis #5 should be stupid half circular beatmoves.