1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Origin Behind Your Nicknames/Gamertags

Discussion in 'General' started by Blitzball Champ, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    What's up VFDC! Blitzball Champ here, host of VF Arena! So check this out. I am actually very curious about the origin of nicknames/screen names/gamertags of all of the VFers on here. So if y'all don't mind, how bout sharing here on this thread about how you came up with or chose your name. Here, I'll start it off.

For all of those out there that have never heard of or played Final Fantasy X, blitzball is one of the mini-games that is pretty much like underwater soccer/rugby combination. When I got this game and played blitzball for the first time, I fell in love with the game even more! I was made fun of a lot by former co-workers because I talked about blitzball quite a lot. I actually felt like I was the only fan of blitzball out there at the time, LOL! So because of my love for blitzball and I felt like I was extremely good at it, I decided on the name "Blitzball Champ!"

VFnumbers, Jason Elbow and oneida like this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    when I was a kid I lived on this road.

[​IMG]

3. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

When I eight I found an online MVC flash game named Street Fighter Online. I was a fan of rap music when I was 8 and I really liked the song O.G Original Gangster by Ice-T, so when I went to make an account I wanted to call myself og, but that was taken. So then I thought I just add a number that rhymed with og, og23 rhymed/sounded cool to an eight year old and it has stuck with me ever since.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I now have a series of new nicknames, "The Motown Jedi" is my favorite. Also "Star Trek Grandma"

edit: don't kill me @oneida

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    bro, that's STAR TREK. don't make this mistake again or you will be banned.

6. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    San is 3 in Japanese, Jami San , Mr. Jamie, Jami3, Jamie Three,

Born dead on 3rd day of 3rd month at 330a.m. , revived 3 minutes later at 333 a.m.

Ytpme_Secaps,... a friend wrote this in between everything one night when we were "tripping the light fantastic" and it made "profoundly silly sense"

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Well here's how i got mine: Me and a friend of mine played vanillia VF5 Quest Mode. You could fight character at different Arcades. All of the characters were actually prerecorded A.I. of actual people playing at arcades in real life equipped with gamertags. We where getting our ass handed to us by this one A.I. controlled Akira named "Jason Elbow". Man he would
    [6][6] [P] us to death! And so i ended up taking Jason Elbow for my name.

8. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh and the AKT part? AK comes from my name Akelia. When i used to do tattoos people found it hard to prenounce my name so i said just call me "AK". And the T stood for "Tatman".

9. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
  10. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
  11. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I got my name, because I don't eat meat at all.
    I eat peas and beans and good ol' veggies.:p

Lygophilia, WolfKing and Jason Elbow like this.
  12. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    It used to be vf5395. 5395 was my lunch number lol ( I was never good with names :D)
    Rodnutz gave me the name VFnumbers or Numbers when I visited NYC in 2008 for nyg7.

First VF I started playing was vf4 and vf4 evolution in 2001/2002. I picked up the game and gave it try.
    Character i use was akira, aoi and leifei. The training mode and quest mode got me addicted to the game.

While playing vf5 online Happy friend suggested I switched to leifei as my akira was crap lol. Since then I used leifei.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Modelah, WolfKing and Jason Elbow like this.
  13. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Whoa i just read this. You where born stillborn?!!

14. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I lean more toward vegetarian (except when I cook new recipes), but that's interesting from you.

beanboy likes this.
  15. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah.:p

16. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    When i was a teenager my friends want to compete in a local football league i have never played football, and the name of the team was Olimpo. the only thing i do well was kicking my adversaries, then the name in my shirt was Ares the Greek god of war.

Modelah and jimi Claymore like this.