1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Otenami Haiken 3 LIVE!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 1, 2003.

By Myke on Nov 1, 2003 at 12:43 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]

Otenami Haiken 3, the latest National Tournament in Japan is being held today, 2 Nov 2003, in Tokyo and you can watch it live over the web!

<font color="orange">Otenami Haiken 3 Results</font>
    1. Haijin (Jacky) (New Ranking: <font color="yellow">Tou Kon</font> Fighting Spirit)
    2. Minami Akira (Akira)

<font color="orange">Otenami Haiken 3</font>

<ul type="square">[*]Final Results <font color="red">NEW!</font>
    [*]Movies <font color="red">NEW!</font>
    [*]Official site
    [*]Finals information
    [*]Broadcast information: at the time of the event there will be both a broadband (500kbps) and dialup (56kbps) streaming option, and you'll need Windows Media 9 and Windows Media Player in order to watch.
    [/list]
    Schedule
    <ul type="square">[*]Tournament: 13:00 - 16:00
    [*]Kumite: 16:30 - 20:00[/list]

Above times shown are Japan local time. Equivalent starting times around the world are:
    <ul type="square">[*]Los Angeles 20:00 (previous day)
    [*]New York 23:00 (previous day)
    [*]London 04:00
    [*]Singapore 12:00
    [*]Sydney 15:00[/list]

Times found using World Time Converter.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Snake_Eater
      Snake_Eater
      I can't read Japanese, and it makes no sense through babelfish. Can anyone give me the site adress for the brodband streaming video?
    2. DRE
      DRE
      I don't think it's available yet. I'm sure they'll post it right before the event.
    3. Snake_Eater
      Snake_Eater
      Now how would I record this in windows media player? Please tel me how!! /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    4. supergolden
      supergolden
      Don't mess with the J Man!!!!!

Haijin's Jacky takes out Minami Akira 2-0 in the finals to take it all! Haijin's Jacky looked on the entire night - highlights for me included a df+PP (normal hit) and then f, b PG ... and of course his off the wall bulldog in the finals... and to win it all with a puntkick! it was great!

-Alex
    5. Dirty_HoH
      Dirty_HoH
      Re: Don't mess with the J Man!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
      supergolden said:
      Haijin's Jacky takes out Minami Akira 2-0 in the finals to take it all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haijin deserves alot of credit for the match in semi's and the 1st finals match for almost blowing it and managing to pull out victories outa both...

Also the first round of the finals was some of the nicest jacky stuff i've seen GJ Haijin!
    6. Myke
      Myke
      Final Results

That was a great tournament. Some friends and I were watching it in an Internet Cafe, and our booth got pretty loud during some of the intense matches. Many highlights for me in this tournament, but I really liked the part where Haijin successfully throw escaped after a whiffed [P]+[K][K], I think against Minimum Akira. Lots of great comebacks and cliffhangers too.

The Quiz during the intermission was pretty funny. The little kid that answered the Sarah Item question was Chibitarou! And the guy in the fisherman's hat and goggles who incorrectly answered the Vanessa question (What is Vanessa's hobby?) was Magnum Jeffry. BTW, his answer was collecting knives, but that's Lion's hobby! Vanessa's is singing!

Then the was the guy who knew the official name for the SPoD, and then performed it on stage on Heruru, which was pretty damn funny. But by far the funniest part was the final bonus question, which was calling for a volunteer to impersonate Brad. A little kid was chosen from the audience, and when given the queue to start, simply just stood there. It took a few seconds until everyone realised that he was just copying Brad's face. He had his head down and slightly to the side and pouted his lips, just stared at Kyasao. Kyasao later commented that he thought the kid was going to do a move or win pose, but instead he just looked at him with Brad's face! hahaha that was gold!
    7. maddy
      maddy
      [ QUOTE ]
      Myke said:

Then the was the guy who knew the official name for the SPoD, and then performed it on stage on Heruru, which was pretty damn funny. But by far the funniest part was the final bonus question, which was calling for a volunteer to impersonate Brad. A little kid was chosen from the audience, and when given the queue to start, simply just stood there. It took a few seconds until everyone realised that he was just copying Brad's face. He had his head down and slightly to the side and pouted his lips, just stared at Kyasao. Kyasao later commented that he thought the kid was going to do a move or win pose, but instead he just looked at him with Brad's face! hahaha that was gold!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty good. I laughed pretty hard on that. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    8. PhoenixDth
      PhoenixDth
      Haijin jacky just completely impressed me, he essentially took on the philosophy of jeet kun do into his VF character. Dont think FEEEEEEL . . .
    9. pinking
      pinking
      Hi guys!
      Why is it I can't view any of the movies?
      Are they available anywhere else?
      Thanks!
    10. YuuKun
      YuuKun
      [ QUOTE ]
      pinking said:
      Why is it I can't view any of the movies?
      Are they available anywhere else?
      Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. i can't download, right click save, open new window, or open in WM9. i have the right codec and everything....what am i doing wrong?? everyone else seems to be able to watch it, except this poor dude and me. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    11. RagingSilver
      RagingSilver
      just get streambox, change a setting and ur good to go...hopefully.

Creed has the link to streambox somewhere.
    12. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      [ QUOTE ]
      ragingsilver said:

just get streambox, change a setting and ur good to go...hopefully.

Creed has the link to streambox somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
      yeah remember to enable mms streaming, after that it's pretty simple.
    13. YuuKun
      YuuKun
      ok thx! i'll try it tonight. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    14. Neonomide
      Neonomide
      OT I know, but isn´t that sentence from "Snake in the Eagle´s shadow"? Cool... /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    15. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      [ QUOTE ]
      Neonomide said:

OT I know, but isn´t that sentence from "Snake in the Eagle´s shadow"? Cool... /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
      The 2nd quote, Haha yeah well off topic,
      but nah the more or less sequel to it (same cast etc)Drunken Master /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif