1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Otenami Haiken 5

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 7, 2006.

By Myke on Aug 7, 2006 at 5:42 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]The first national VF5 tournament in Japan, Otenami Haiken 5, was officially announced some days ago. If past national tournaments are anything to go by, then we can look forward to some quality movies during the preliminary rounds and live streaming of the finals! More news as it comes to hand.

Preliminaries: 20 Aug - 29 Oct 2006
    Finals: 4 Nov 2006

Official site: <a href="http://www.virtuafighter.jp/ote5_all.html" target="_blank">http://www.virtuafighter.jp/ote5_all.html</a>

IMPORTANT UPDATE[/size]: Information on watching the Finals Live!

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Megaten
      Megaten
      So it begins! Trying to get into VF4 enough before VF5 gets here...feels so strange coming into a community you've respected for years and years since ya played VF2. Well, time to step in I suppose.
    2. OAG_3K
      OAG_3K
      Damn the previous tournaments were crazy. I would love to see the streaming video later on.:)
    3. DissMaster
      DissMaster
      Is There Your Rival?
    4. Shadowdean
      Shadowdean
      All your base are belong to us!
    5. EmpNovA
      EmpNovA
      Previous tournaments were awesome....and the streaming video + all of the matches in high quality later released from Sega will hopefully hold me over till the PS3/VF5 hit America....
    6. ppoint432
      ppoint432
      Today is 20th for them and us....any idea when the live stream is going to happen if it happens at all?
    7. Myke
      Myke
      The live streaming would only be for the finals, which is currently scheduled for 4th November.

In the past, AM2 Sega would host matches from the preliminary rounds, which begin today. If they do the same again, then watch the Media board for the appropriate announcement/post.
    8. Jeneric
      Jeneric
      Apparently Yanaga won the first qualifier, Itabashi finished second.
    9. supergolden
      supergolden
      Namflow and I will enter a qualifying tournament on Oct 14th at the Sega Arena in Fukui City, Fukui Prefecture... Wish us luck! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Alex
    10. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      Win that shit not only for yourself, but keep in the back of your mind the countless vf players that wont get to touch vf5 arcade version ever. That should be a great motivator and change your win sign to..You see what happens when you anger the white devil...

Have fun and best of luck.

Peace
    11. DRE
      DRE
      Good luck Alex! How do you feel about your chances?
    12. Dashwolf
      Dashwolf
      good luck
      bring us more interesting videos /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    13. azrael
      azrael
      good luck /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    14. supergolden
      supergolden
      Thanks everyone /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Without about six matches to win the tournament, considering my record is about 50%, I'd say there's technically a 3.125% chance of me advancing...

This tournament is going to be for people from the Hokuriku Region wihch includes Fukui, Ishikawa, Toyama and Gifu... Gifu being the home to Daioh of course... So there may be plenty of strong players at this tournament...

-Alex
    15. Jerky
      Jerky
      Go for it man. Let me be the first to kick you in the ass, and train hard! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    16. sanjuroAKIRA
      sanjuroAKIRA
      [ QUOTE ]
      I'd say there's technically a 3.125% chance of me advancing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Squeeze the shit out of that 3.125% chance, huh? DO IT
    17. Poppa
      Poppa
      Good luck.
    18. ppoint432
      ppoint432
      I might be late saying this, but here's to hoping you bring the glory home.
    19. GLC
      GLC
      Does anyone know how many qualifiers are there? The site says "31 arcades" - is it 1 per arcade?