1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

pai frame advantage

Discussion in 'Pai' started by aoi ameindei, Dec 9, 2012.

1. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    I have noticed ALOT of pais moves leave her at a good frame advantage her throws her reversals but i dont know any way to take advantage of them besides [P] can someone please help

2. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    Read this entire thread.
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/pai-strategies-for-novices.16779/
    The third post has Pai's moves that give advantage to her, even after being blocked.

EDIT
    Okay wait. I answered too quickly. I thought you were asking something else. That's one of the questions we all ask ourselves..just kidding.. kind of..

I think what they're good for is letting you keep your turn to attack, even if you get blocked. Usually when you get blocked, then it's time to block yourself, cause you're about to get smacked (disadvantaged).

Ya know, explaining it like this has really helped me to understand it better. So, thank you for your question, it helped me a lot. :)

EDIT
    ahem, okay third times a charm. You wanted to know what you could use beside p to take advantage of .. your advantage. If you use a move like p+k that only gives you a +1 on block, then a p, (11frames) is completely safe (woohoo just figured out what safe meant). This is assuming they have an 11 frame punch they can use. If your 12 frame moves do more damage then his 11 frame p, then those are safe too. (cause more damage breaks a tie) p or 6_p both give you a +2 advantage on block so you could use a move as slow as 64p (13 frames), if they tried to use an 11 frame p. If they tried to use anything slower then you could in turn, have used a move that much slower too, and still have won. I made a chart for myself called how quick http://virtuafighter.com/threads/andramelechs-personal-blog.17006/ It's the 4th post down. I look at this when I practice, just to get myself to use the fastest moves the most..

3. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    I depends of how much of an advantage you are talking about. Different attacks leave you with different amounts of advantage when they land depending on how they land (normal, counter etc).

Check the move list to see what moves can fit into the amount of advantage you have and try to use that advantage to do high damage combos.

You can find the movelist and a combo list at the resource tab. The combo list is not all inclusive, you can find other combos on your own.

4. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    A reversal deliberately leaves you at advantage, because that is your reward for correctly anticipating a strike. 9KK should hit every time after one, but you may find they are instinctively pressing G in this situation, so you could get a quick throw in.

Pai has throws like 46P+G which push the opponent down, giving advantage. You can then go into her low throw with 33P+G, and carry on attacking (listed in her combo thread here). Again, if you find they are eager to hit buttons in this situation, try just doing her 3K+G launcher cold, and combo from there.

5. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK

Taking a closer look at advantage, see how Aopai seriously steps up a gear in match 2, and completely locks Shun down with constant pressure from interrupted strings and stances.

There's quite a bit there to absorb, but one thing I will certainly be incorporating into my Pai game now is the 4P+K+G, swinging Ps, but then sweep instead of P crumple ender. Nice mix-up, as when most people see those flying arms, they're looking to stay high guarding, or even reverse, so going low... ;)

JackymusPrime and JacobEvo like this.
  6. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    so what i can draw from this is her frame advantages are not for a free attack but so you can continue to put pressure on your foe

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Pai can put relentless pressure on her foe with her many mixups and options and many of them lead to free attacks like her reversals and F,B P+G throw. She has so many different options that work so many different ways that most Pai players don't realize just how many there are. You will have to see videos of Japanese Pai players to see what I mean first hand making her a tricky character to master eventhough she is very easy to learn initially. Here is my advise for you learn what gives Pai advantage whether it be on block or on hit etc. Then go in and watch the videos of the best Pai players doing their thing after using these moves. A basic youtube search will do that for you. You can learn about what moves give Pai frame advantage from this site as well to get you going too. I would have said specific things but there are far too many options in her arsenal that she can use to destroy people once she has frame advantage like 1KK as 1 basic example to beat random abare with a knock back move on counterhit to all people except the fatso Taka.