1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai strategies for novices

Discussion in 'Pai' started by TRI Mike, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

May be you already know but just in case: you probably need to either have your back // the wall OR your stomach. It will only work in ONE of the two cases, not both, may be that's why you feel it's unreliable.

2. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Pai's [2][K] and [2][P][+][K][K] connect only if you have the wall in your back.

3. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Ok I get it... Training is sometimes showing 2hits and sometimes not. But the 2cases are ok. It works because opponent can't move or block... LoL

4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Really ? I'm pretty sure it works no matter which side of Pai is near the wall.
    It depends only on the angle and the distance.

5. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    when i have the wall in my side/back always connect, i mean wallstuns .

6. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I see it now: it works more often if her back is near the wall. However, in that case, 6KPK doesn't smash your opponent to the wall, for a 6K+G bound. It's only possible if Pai front is near the wall.
    So use PP4PK instead if Pai's back is near the wall, in order to get 6K+G. (102 dmg )
    If her front is near the wall, 6KPK ( 112 dmg )

7. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87

At 15:48, example with 1K, when she has wall in her back. Also same thing with 2P+KK. Btw i didnt check any other combinations with these starters in that situation.

8. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Oh, that's because he didn't do the 46K+G heavy bound after the shoulder ram.
    Otherwise, Lau would have flied to the other side and not hit the wall.

I didn't realize you guys don't do 46K+G after 466P+K in that scenario.
    I always go for it:
    2K wall side, 466P+K, 46K+G, PP4PK, 6K+G, WS P+KP

Sozos likes this.
  9. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Yea, so you can 6KPK after shoulder ram and hit to the wall.

So we have:
    1K > 466P+K > 6KPK.....
    or
    1K > 466P+K > 46K+G....
    right?

10. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Exactly. Need to check if 46K+G add more damage or not.

11. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Btw with [6][4][P][P] , [3][P][P] CH and [3][P][+][K] you can also wallsplats if you have the wall in your side but depends on distance οr little diagonally from 'the wall to connect. Not very close to the wall, requires some distance away.
    Here some examples:

• [3][P][+][K] W!(to your back,little diagonally to the wall ) >[6][6][K][P] > [P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 111 dmg
    Also you can mix [3][P][+][K] with [4][6][P][+][G]. If you are little diagonally from the wall, not very close:
    • [4][6][P][+][G] > [3][P][+][K] W!(to your back, little diagonally to the wall ) > [6][6][K][P] > [P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 121 dmg
    or
    • [6][4][P][P] W! ( to your stomach, little diagonally to the wall) > [6][6][K][P] > [P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 123 dmg NH - 129 dmg CH
    • [6][4][P][P] W! ( to your stomach,little diagonally to the wall ) > [4][6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 119 dmg NH - 125 dmg CH
    • [6][4][P][P] W! ( to your back, little diagonally to the wall ) > [4][6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G] >[P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 124 dmg NH - 130 dmg CH
    or
    • [3][P][P]CH W!( to your back, little diagonally to the wall) > [6][6][K][P] > [P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS[P][+][K][P] 117 dmg
    • [3][P][P]CH W! ( to your stomach, little diagonally to the wall ) > [4][6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G] > [P][P][4][P][K] > [6][K][+][G] > WS [P][+][K][P] 118 dmg
    Excuse my English :)

12. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    So my conclusion: don't do the 46K+G lol
    2K wall stun, 466P+K, 6KPK, 6K+G, WS P+KP = 104 dmg
    2K wall stun, 466P+K, 46K+G, PP4PK, 6K+G, WS P+KP = 102 dmg

If you're lucky enough to get a 2K wall stun with Pai's front to the wall:
    2K wall stun, 466P+K, 46K+G, 6KPK, 6K+G, WS P+KP = 112 dmg

Sozos likes this.
  13. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Thx kingo. Check and the other ones that i wrote.

14. XenoVagrant

XenoVagrant Active Member

If Pai is standing with her back against the wall and I go for a 64P+G throw, followed by a 9K in order to stagger the opponent then what are my guaranteed options in order to start a wall combo from there?

15. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Go here it will answer your question

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/pais-combos-thread.16591/page-3

Look for post number 57 once you click on the link

16. XenoVagrant

What I want to know whether those follow ups work every time or not. After the 9k wall stagger that I mentioned for example can I follow with a body check or is is something that can be easily avoided by unstaggering?

By the way I am also trying to find any detailed posts regarding bokutai and about using it as much efficiently as possible, as it can be pretty unsafe against pretty experienced players. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  17. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    @XenoVagrant: According to this post in the same thread WS [K] seems like the fastest one.

But you could always ask sozos directly via PM in greek ;)

18. XenoVagrant

Apparently it's quite easy to escape from Pai's body check after a stagger and thus WS K seems to be the better option indeed.

19. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    The difference with her shoulder isn't that big the WS K is 16 frames I think and the shoulder is 17 frames. I do the shoulder mainly after a wall stagger and I get wall combos off with it just fine. I don't delay it. I don't trust myself to be able to buffer a WS K in lag and I got used to doing the 466 P+K that way.

20. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    With Bokutai, you might wanna try the low sweep from it a few times first, to then 'lure' them into falling into the P+K crunch, which nets her some of her largest damage. You can transition into the stance easily from PK2 up close, or sail back in from range with 66P+K4 after a knockdown or the 7K+G backflip to start mixing it up.
    If the Boku' P+K does hit, just check your ring positioning to alternate between the 3K+G or 33P+G follow-ups, depending on what side you are on, and how close to the edge.