1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's +1 and +5 situations

Discussion in 'Pai' started by archangel, Sep 12, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

OK i'm just looking for some help on the sitiuations shown above i usually tend to freeze up,crouch dash away or even get hit when i do [6]+[P], i'm not really to clear on what i should or shouldnt be doing so any help is most welcomed.

/versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

get ur ass round my house~ /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif

3. archangel

sigh next time i'll put kage or akira's name at the header and then maybe i might get advice /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

At +1
    high P/low P to beat everything
    9K to beat everything but highP/low P
    3P to be gay and beat a lot of stuff
    low throw to kill fuzzy

You can try K launch to beat stuff slower than P, and use delayed followup K as a guessing game

If you do low P and it gets blocked you still have tons of options cause Pai is a gay (3P, 64P, backdash 9K, FC 4P, FC 6P).

At +5 do a launch with FC 6P or 66P if you're lazy, or throw, or do 4K+G, or delay K, or sweep.

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I'm no good with Pai AA but since no one else has tried to help you I'll try atleast =/

+1:

[2][P]
    [4][4][3][K]
    [1][1][2][P][G][K]
    [4][4][6][6][P][K]>[9][K][K] (Closed)
    [4][4][6][6][P][K]>[6][6][P][K] (Open)

Delay stuff (well not really since nobody will evade prob but standing K etc)
    Throw? (If he freezes up / tries to BD)
    Then again also if he expects you to 2p he might do backdash attack (something like wolfs SS) in which case you should mixup something really heavy from time to time but be prepared mentally for a 2p>throw.

+5:

[3][3][6][P] & Throw. Pai has a great Nitaku @+5 and that's it. Not much need for anything else prob @+5.

Edit: Nvm my post, look @Dandys (wasn't there when I started to write) ^___^

/KiwE

6. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Damn your laziness knows no bounds lol! /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    Now you got your "hard to work out" pai answers get your ass to the next session /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    9K to beat everything but highP/low P

[/ QUOTE ]

every time i set this up in training mode:

opp = guard all
    opp reaction = low P

i do high P - swallow K and beat their low P.

try it urself~~

both players need an extra frame for exectution, if the 9K is buffered there's no other frames to consider as far as logic is concerned. -------- otherwise i dunno how to explain it, lol

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

otherwise i dunno how to explain it, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Some jump attacks, like Pai's [9][K] and Kage's [8] or [9][K] are considered airborne before they actually execute. The result of this is that even if a [2][P] should win out if you just compare exe times, it'll end up missing because the opponent is in the air.

At +1, Pai's [9][K] will beat an opponent's [2][P]. In fact, it even wins in an 50/50 situation, but you must input it perfectly (i.e. with no 1-frame delay).

9. archangel

Thanks for the help guys, sorry i didnt get to reply earlier working for the big S does keep me busy, anyway i'll get practicing and post back soon to say how it went.

cheers

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

[ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

otherwise i dunno how to explain it, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Some jump attacks, like Pai's [9][K] and Kage's [8] or [9][K] are considered airborne before they actually execute. The result of this is that even if a [2][P] should win out if you just compare exe times, it'll end up missing because the opponent is in the air.

At +1, Pai's [9][K] will beat an opponent's [2][P]. In fact, it even wins in an 50/50 situation, but you must input it perfectly (i.e. with no 1-frame delay).

[/ QUOTE ]

i see, that explains why ive been beaten at some st00pid situations /versus/images/graemlins/indifferent.gif

do you know if this applies to her FT version even if it is now 14 frames? (beating lowP at +1)

11. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

Hello. nice to meet you guys...

archangel.....
    I'm not good to use PAI....I will do poor my best to help you....and write English lol

If you get normal hit 6P.....you get +1 frame
    how about 334P, P, and 1K+G(If not close oppoment character)...

then if you get counter hit....+5
    How about 1K+G.I like this choice.
    If I'm hit 6P and oppoment PAI get +5, sometimes I will escape or 4/6 336P+K(If I used AKIRA)....then I guess....if PAI do 1K+G, I will sit down and guard, so you can throw......
    oppoment character no choose to guard 1K+G....

If you are guarded ,you get -3 frame....
    how about 4_p and 64P
    PAI has so early P.... this is very strong....

9K is not bad. very popular choice....but, everyone use this one....so I think many people practiced after 9K situation.....PAI dosen't get as damage as other characters... and if someone do safe action to PAI ,for example, escape....2P....PAI couldn't get good damage...

12. Dandy_J

hello YOSUKE

13. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Yosuke? KS3 yosuke? cool /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

welcome to VFDC /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if you ever pass by new york, let us know /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

YOSUKE

Check your private messages.

15. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

Heloo.nice to meet you Dandy_J

thank you.Sudden_Death.OK. If I go New York,I will call you.

hello kaminari_oyaji.
    thanks for sending E-mail. by the way...are you Japanese? lol

P.S I'm not good player

16. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

hahaha, not a good player, that's a good one yosuke, welcome to the boards, hope your enjoying america

17. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    SH_ said:
    hahaha, not a good player, that's a good one yosuke, welcome to the boards, hope you're enjoying america

[/ QUOTE ]
    FIXED

Remember this guy is trying to learn English, set a good example.

^__^

18. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

19. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Well, a pox on your house DJ. Proper english online ey? We'll see ...... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

hello
    thanks you guys.,but I'm not good player and can't use English.

kaminari_oyaji
    sorry.I can not go your town now because I am a student.....
    I have a one vacation. end of December. maybe 23-30 days...almost 1week, so I can go.
    I am not sure but if I have enough money, I will go. I would like to play VF4 with US player (^-^)b

thank you SH_
    I have already enjoyed america lol
    archangel
    He! how is your PAI?I hope you improve. good luck!

P.S I bought DVD from amazon ,but seller sent wlong Vol DVD I have same one......... I can not enjoy Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaa