1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's Advance comboes?

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Fat_Bastard, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

Can someone enlighten me with a few Pai's advance comboes please?

All I'm doing now is

1)[K],[P],[K],[6][6][P][K],[3][P]
    2)[1][P].[P],[K],[9][K][K]

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Do a search for pai combo. But also try these

[2_][6][P] [P] [2_]WS[P]+[K] [P] [P] [K] [K]
    [2_][6][P] [P] [2_][6][P] [6][6][P] [K]

Both of them require MC hit for float.

Have fun /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Or better yet go into the ps2 version of evo where it says series and combos. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Do a search for pai combo. But also try these

[2_][6][P] [P] [2_]WS[P]+[K] [P] [P] [K] [K]
    [2_][6][P] [P] [2_][6][P] [6][6][P] [K]

Both of them require MC hit for float.

Have fun /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Is there anyway to do the WS [P]+[K] faster? i ALWAYS niss the WS[P]+[K] part /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

you gotta buffer in the crouch dash and time the P+K press.

6. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

you gotta buffer in the crouch dash and time the P+K press.

[/ QUOTE ]so for the first combo...izzit like
    [1][1][6][P],[P],[3][3][P],[6][6][P],[K] ?

7. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

[Anyways...any combo for her that does like 70-80+ damage? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I think a search at this point would be good. In fact, there's a sticky post in Junky's Jungle that contains quite a few of Pai's combos.

Any of Pai's standard combos do around 68 to 75 points of damage (I'm going on memory so I don't have exact damages)...nonetheless, here's the key to damage with Pai.

Float --> [P][G] --> [3][3_][6][P] --> Ender.

So. Floats can be started with:
    1. [K]
    2. MC [2_][6]+[P]
    3. [1]+[P]
    4. MC Bokutai [P]+[K]

Enders include:
    1. [6][6]+[P][K]
    2. [9]+[K][K]
    3. [K][K] -> [3]+[P]
    4. [6]+[K][K]
    etc.

I have exact figures in my head, but most of these variations with net you 68-75ish damage.

Others combos:

[3][P][K] (charged) -> [P][G] -> [P][G] ->[K][K] ->[3]+[P]

This will net you over 100 points when the charged K hits for MC. If I'm not mistaken, it's stance dependant. Mess around with it.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

9. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

hmm maybe i'm doing something wrong but i use her [P][P][K][K]

10. Llanfair

Not wrong, just different. It's less damaging by a small margin.

11. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

I just recently began toying around with Pai myself, and after alot of frustration trying to find the secret of the [2_][6][P], [P], into either [2_][6][P] or [2_]ws[P]+[K] series, I watched many a Pai video trying to see exactly under what context (i.e. weight) these combos were being used. It seems that the [2_][6][P], [P], [2_][6][P] series can be used at least up until Akira, but the [2_][6][P], [P], [2_]ws[P]+[K], [P][P][K][K] seems to only work on girls (at least, out of all the videos I have, it is only attempted on girls)

I also noticed that only Tsuchikumo seems to like the FC combos - almost every other Pai player I saw used this: [float], [P], [K], [6][6][P][K] - which does comparable damage to [2_][6][P], [P], [2_][6][P], [6][6][P][K] and at least for me, is infinately more reliable.

I'd still like to find out exactly how these double FC combos can be performed reliably, but if all you're looking for is consistent damage, [float], [P], [K], [6][6][P][K] should get it for you.

12. SoundWave

what is FC? from crouch? well you know what modifying is right? thats the way you do them, it seems like i'm trying to play akira though doing that combo,like modifying palms and stuff. i dont really use those combo's much but i should definitly give them a try.

13. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

Yeah FC = from crouch, full crouch, whatever. I should've mentioned that I'm already doing the modified version of these (buffered crouch dash), but even with this, my percentage is still very low - too low to try in competative play.

14. SoundWave

ya i dont use them much but i still manage to punish my opponents fairly well of a float, she has plenty of other cool stuff to use. could someone list the damage of her hardest to do combo(with the modified stuff) and how it compares to easier things like [P],[P],[K],[K] and other stuff like that, that's simple to pull off.

15. Llanfair

It's really just a matter of practice, to be honest. I always do P -> df,DF,f+P out of habit. When I first discovered these combos I had a hard time getting them out consistently in competitive play and would often lose a combo opportunity due to a slow modified lifting palm - most of this was just getting used to the stick. Having a history with modifying moves since VF2 really helps however.

With regards to WS P+K combos - against all you can finish with the BT K instead of the PPKK. Just a variation but nice to throw in every once in a while.

Here are my motions for the lifting palm combos.
    Moving to the right: [2_][6]+[P] -> [P][G] ->[3][3_][6]+[P]
    Moving to the left: [2_][4]+[P] -> [P][G] ->[3][3_][4]+[P]

People rarely mention the [G] in the middle punch. When I tap [G], I also input (buffer) the crouch dash motions for modification. As I release [G], I hit [6]+[P] for the lifting palm come out. This is an age-old technique I picked up from VF2 (doing iai into m-DbPm). Maybe this will help.

16. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

A little ditty I'm fond of using is her [6][6]+[K] (whick staggers) [3][K][P] (before they recover) [6][K][K] While not that hard to do, it does respectable damage especially against those who don't do to well in stagger recoveries.

17. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I've invented the following combo:

[6][6][K]+[G](or L2) - [K]+[G] - [9][K][K]

You can change [9][K][K] to [6][P][K] on some situations.

It's not that strong but that's how I got her to be a Champion!