1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's combos thread

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Sozos, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Hi Pai players,
    I decide to make a videos about all basic meaties + the advanced ones and share it with you.
    Today i started with 3 short videos with some of basic meaties.

1. Meaties after throws [6][4][P][+][G] and [2_][6][P][+][G].
    • These are the only throws that you can do a meaty attacks. [3][K] is the best choice after the [6][4][P][+][G] and [6][P] is the best after [2_][6][P][+][G].

2. Meaties after [1][K][+][G].
    • Here you can go with a) [4][6][K][+][G], b)[3][K] and c) [6][K][+][G], for me the [4][6][K][+][G] is the best choice, that is probably the best oki/meaty generally.

3. Meaties after [4][K][+][G].
    • Go with a) [4][6][K][+][G]. b) [4][P] ,if [4][P] connect in right timing it leaves you at +10. c) [3][K] as you can see according to the video in right timing leaves you at +12 and opponent to ST position with free [P][K] or [P][P][4][P] ,that one is against certain characters.

BlueLink and Ben_Lord_Dur like this.
  2. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    I'll try them all and then answer from VS experiences. ;-)

3. soke

soke Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]→(buffered)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]→WS[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Im having trouble doing this combo. Any advice?

Also, I noticed that some of the combos that require edc's and 1fk's don't specify where you're suppose to input them. I'm not sure who has the power to edit the combo lists.

4. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Against certain characters you have to do something like Evade cancel with [2_][3][P][+][K] like [8][3][3][P][+][K] and delay the [6_][P], ( delay it with doing [6][6][P][+][K][+][G] ) , look to the info in each combo in the list, that combo is against superlights or lightweights.

soke likes this.
  5. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
  6. soke

soke Well-Known Member

I see now that this combo is actually pretty easy. Instead of doing [8] (or) [2] [3] [3] [P] [+] [K] I was doing[8] [6] [6] [G] then [3] [3] [P] [+] [K] smh. Thanks for explaining that.

Sozos likes this.
  7. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    I couldn't test it properly yesterday. As I was playing to strong opponents.

From what I've seen so far. I'll use more 1 K +G as an anti evade with the garanteed set up 46 K+G => meatie

BUT once the opponent get it.
    The first one use a fast recovery / tech rolling and then STEP the wake up move (46 K+G is close but it is possible to evade) to use side turn pressure.
    The other one delayed, with no tech rolling. You can still gard after a move to whiff in this situation.

In the first one situation you simply just have to mix it up with anti-evade game.

8. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    I forgot to mention that after 2 6 P+G most opponent don't recover by tech rolling. Certainly afraid of face down head toward situation.

9. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    its just an option if tech roll. Generally i made these videos to show how you can do a meaty attack.

10. Ben_Lord_Dur

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Yeah it's a way to set it up! Always good to know them all just in case.

Sozos likes this.
  11. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    4. Meaties after [9][K][K], ending [P][P][K][K],[P][P][4][P][K] and [3][K][P][P].
    • In ending [P][P][K][K] and [P][P][4][P][K] the [4][P] in right timing leaves you at +10. [2_][3][P][+][K] >[6_][P]>[4][6][K][+][G] >[3][K][P][P] its just an example to show that in that combo you can do [4][P] as a meaty instead to previous example ([6][6][K][P]>[6_][P]>[3][K][P][P]) that you cant and in right timing leaves you at +10. Generally i believe [4][6][K][+][G] is the most efficient move as a meaty/oki.

5. Meaties after [1][K][K] , ending [4][6][K][K],[6][P][+][K][P],WS[P][+][K][P] and [3][K][+][G]>[3][P][P][6][P]>[P][K] .
    • In [1][K][K] , you can also do [3][K] and in right timing leaves you at +11 or +12 with opportunity for free [P][K] or [P][P][4][P] ( i forgot to put it in the video :p ), in [4][6][K][K] do immediately [4][6][K][+][G]. In [6][P][+][K][P] do a little dash ([6][6][G]) and then [4][6][K][+][G] to connect in right timing. In [3][K][+][G]>[3][P][P][6][P]>[P][K] do immediately [4][6][K][+][G] and last,[3][K] in right timing leaves you at +11 and +12 with opportunity for free [P][K] or [P][P][4][P] ( that combo works against lightweights and middleweights).

Aoi_Pai, bulbi and BlueLink like this.
  12. soke

soke Well-Known Member

Great videos sozos! I think meaties should have a separate thread as its important enough in its own right.

13. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    I already thought of that and i probably do it!! :) thx for you sayings soke

14. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    New [6][6][K][P] combo with the highest dmg against Eileen and Aoi (closed stance only )
    • [6][6][K][P] > [6][4][P][P] > [2][P] > [9][K][K] 87dmg NH - 97dmg CH
    • [6][6][K][P] > [6][4][P][P] > [2][P] > WS[P][+][K][P] 90dmg NH - 100 dmg CH (WS[P][+][K][P] connects only when your opponent has short spacing/distance from the wall) .

bulbi and soke like this.
  15. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Thanks I will try that. Currently I am just doing [9][K][K] after the [6][6][K][P] so this should be an improvement.

Sozos likes this.
  16. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Just tο recapitulation and make it clear, these are against Eileen and Aoi in closed stance ONLY!! Also IvorB, usually after [6][6][K][P] you can ending with [P][P][4][P][K] or [P][P][K][K], are the best options not only to add more dmg compare to [9][K][K] but also for better oki/meaty opportunities!!

17. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns

Ah okay these are not universal. I will move to [P][P][4][P][K] after the juggle starter for variety as I don't like to use [P][P][K][K] too much.

While I am here actually let me ask a question. Sooooo from Bokutai -> [P][+][K] (scores a mini crumple) -> then going for [3][G][+][K] launcher etc etc. But online I notice sometimes people are able to block the launcher yet in the dojo this should be guaranteed. Is it not guaranteed? Am I just too slow?

18. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Yea i prefer also [P][P][4][P][K] instead to [P][P][K][K] for a little more dmg and better oki opportunity. [P][P][K][K] is good mostly for the wall espessialy if the wall is towards you, for example [6][6][K][P] > [P][P][K][K] W! (W!= wall hit) and then WS[K] for plus dmg.Also is good for RingOut. But also [P][P][4][P][K] can be used for wall combo opportunities if you have the wall in your side (requires to check stances ) look example here at 0:38 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu6BCVHC20g.

Also your question about [3][K][+][G] after bokutai [P][+][K]. Yea its 100% guaranteed, If Bokutai [P][+][K] connect is +19 so you have the 17fr [3][K][+][G] launcher for guaranteed combo. In online mode maybe the latency or the bad timing dont let you to succeed. So do it fast in the exact timing. ( btw excuse my bad english ).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  19. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns

Thanks for that. Yeah I thought that was the case because it only happens online so probably I am slow and the latency is adding to that. I just need to input it faster. :D

Sozos likes this.
  20. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Here some new combos with [6][6][K][P] against heavymiddles and heavyweights that add more dmg (all combos works at both stances) :
    [6][6][K][P] > [6_][P] > [6_][P] > [2][P] > [9][K][K] 76 dmg NH - 86 dmg CH ( on jacky requires 1fk at [2][P] , on akira requires 1fk at first [6_][P])
    [6][6][K][P] > [6_][P] > [2][P] > [9][K][K] 73 dmg NH - 83 dmg CH ( tested against wolf, requires 1fk at first [6_][P], against Jeffry requires 1fk [6_][P] and 1fk [2][P] )
    [6][6][K][P] > [6_][P] > [3][K][P][P] 73 dmg NH - 83 dmg CH (works against jacky and jean, against akira requires 1fk at [6_][P] )

Most common combos with [6][6][K][P] are the following [P][P][K][K] or [P][P][4][P][K]. My point here i added these that they add a little more dmg espessialy against heavy chars.

* i will update it later

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014