1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's Tutorial

Discussion in 'Pai' started by IsshinNidan, May 31, 2004.

1. IsshinNidan

IsshinNidan New Member

I've completed all the Tutorial tasks except for 19-D and 19-E with Pai. The two of them want you to perform a gut collapse and then an air combo so that the opponent's head is facing you. When they side-roll they are vulnerable for a moment. (I'm sure all of you know the tasks I'm talking about) When I do a gut collapse and the air combo - the exact same one in the demo - and the person falls with head toward me, they don't do a side roll recovery. I can't complete these tasks without them side rolling. I've also searched to find a thread with any info on this stuff and i couldn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Valdimiar

Valdimiar Well-Known Member

LOL
    it's funny because I answered the same question on GameFAQ's
    I think you are hitting sarah against the wall, after you do this she cannot side roll recover.
    You also need to float her to get her to be able to have a fall to recover from

3. Restless

Restless New Member

They not only have to face towards you...but I think they need to be face down, too.

I'm new to this game, too. But I think that's what is happening. Heh...I can't pass it either, because I fail to do it consistantly. And I'm so satisfied when it does work...I forget to react with a hit or I hit too fast.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    In 19-D, opponent will do an in-place recovery and an evade. You're supposed to hit her while she rises so your attack hits before the evade.
    do [4][6][6_][P]+[K], [2_][6][P], wait for the right moment, [3][K]. Remember to do the charge attack while face-to-face. Do you have english version of the game? Please read the trial instructions.

In 19-E, she WILL do a sideroll, and you're supposed to sidekick them in the back. I can't figure out what's wrong with this trial.

- Manji