1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

play level needed for goh

Discussion in 'Goh' started by social_ruin, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i was jus jking about the assassin2p, i thought it was a funny nick lol. if nething I do more 2p's than u now. 2p is my friend tho. I honestly dont mind when ppl 2p me. Sometimes when i block low punch i go for a 14F mid, and abare wins.. thats online.. As long as I know that my mid punched would have hit offline, is good enough for me. When me and you ( assassinCP ) play we always laugh about some of the shit online brings to us, but at least we know when that online shit happens. Punishing is harder online, abare players have a lil edge over a complete morale player. It is a lil upsetting when I see people who dont know the fundamentals, or stats on the 2p and dont realize their 2p is getting away with alot of shit, but if someone that knows their shit abares their way out, at least they know they got away with shit.. I dont mind, when 2p abare works when it shouldnt online, when the opponent knows and has the understanding of the game, so we both know what works and what wont. I know u and me sometimes abare for fun and win a match when we shouldnt, but its that understanding of how the 2p works online that makes it ok for me. Theres alot of games where we say, oh shit my bad, 2p shouldnt have gone through or i dont deserve to win that one because offline that wouldnt get me by, but as long as we have the understanding of the game, U can 2p me or dm PK me all u want. Yea, it may be hard to punish online, N goh is all about punishing, but I dont want anyone to hold back n be morale, i want them to go all out like they would offline.. if the lag is unbareable then ill just leave. punishing a blocked 2p on reaction, may happen once in awhile online and i might get abared out of alot of situations more than i can punish, but thats part of online. but i think its important to play like if it was offline when the connection is decent, i dont feel like i have to adjust my playing style to be consistantly moral when 2p is 1 of the fundamentals of the game, goh's devasting flowcharts come from 2p, p. 2p is faster than crouch fuzzy for some reason, one of the best abare tools, u can abare out of throws even at -10 ( i can either ETEG but get hit by a full circular, guess the wrong throw < say if im breaking 2 throws on an eteg that gives me 1/3 chance of breaking the throws; the probability even gets smaller with variables like getting hit by a fullcircular, guessing the wrong throw, a delayed throw, etc...> Sometimes 2p is one of the best tools to get out stuff depending on the situation. But eteg is awesome on a linear move, u get much better payout and advantage off their whiff move. I believe to calculate that its, total ACT minus 21 to find out what advantage u are at after evading it. SO ya eteg are nice to do, so is fuzzy, so is CF, etc.. it depends on the situation. If i feel their throw mixup is too good, i might abare a lil more since the probability of breaking throws is lower. If i see constant linear attacks, ill prob focus on ETEG's more. If I see that they hit check well and dont delay throws, ill prob use fuzzy more often. IF they arent buffering the throws after p, or 2p, then a fuzzy and CF is pretty much useless if they are delaying it. VF has way to many variables to say how to play the game. 2p is plus 7 on CH. The risk is u might get CH with huge damage, but thats a risk u take when u abare and i do realize online online garbage that gives abare upper hand.

ASSASINCP, check these clips out.
    1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n7hmGT9OBs ARASHI GOH
    2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHcKrGnnRw Gauche doing combo's

2. V_MIRZA

V_MIRZA Member

This is great stuff. Makes me want to pick up our favorite blue haired boy again

3. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

lol, mack - hit enter once or twice when posting. Wow, that's a gigantic paragraph ...

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nice wall of text, 10/10.

5. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I didnt sleep for 48 hrs that day due to work and other stuff... So i had alot of train of thought and i couldnt really organize it since my sentences and thoughts were all over the place... wrote it on my break, my bad for the hard to read text. i usually post during work and study other characters during work, ppl think im building a bomb at work.. when my manager comes over i hide the flowcharts and frame data, and say im jus drawing pictures and circling numbers. HERE IT COMES a new train of thought... pressing enter.

Oh, with goh.. If u find urself losing matches.. Try staying away from sabaki's when their skill is much better than ur yomi, sabaki's can be dangerous. Besides shutting down someones fundamentals I would recommend goh users to try stay away from sabaki's first then, implement them later on. I had to learn the hard way to use sabaki's alot less.

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Edited by 169mackfactor (3 min 32 sec ago) </div></div>

I can't help but wonder if that edit was to push 'enter'...

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I can't help but wonder if that edit was to push 'enter'... </div></div>
    Seidon, that is too good. I literally laughed out loud after reading that. [​IMG]

8. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    dont worry ill keep my cracked out wall posts coming.
    the best ones are when im stoned
    ( :