1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Post your RARE/EXPENSIVE VGames/VGame accessories

Discussion in 'General' started by Catch22, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Holy schmoly, mother of mackerelz!!!!! Zerochan, I have a feeling this is just an appetizer.

Chanchai likes this.
  2. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Fucking Damn......

Chanchai likes this.
  3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Curator and hoarder of a few gaming generations--of things which the very picky show selectively is interested in... CONFIRMED!

The newest word that should be added to the dictionary at the end of this year is "Shourator!"

4. Catch22

I don't know if you're being sarcastic :), but I don't think people know at Daytona CCE Netlink Edition goes for $700+. There are on average only 1 of these games that pop up on eBay a year. I think the price of this game will continue to increase.

http://item.ebay.com/130550634089

An Ebay auction just ended for $420, disc scratched, no manuals, just the back of the case.

http://item.ebay.com/330729186286

[​IMG]
    This pic would make a select few squeal.

5. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of it and you're right, it will only go up. Sold one with my previous collection. I remember buying it directly from Sega for $20.

6. Catch22

Shou, yeah, got them from the mail order, I was reading up on it, and totally forgot you had to put in an order for it.

But c'mon man, show some pics of your best stuff... it's easy to bust out that cell phone cam. Your man cave is cool and all, but show us what's in the safe, the stuff that you truly cherish.

7. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Not sure what you want to see...I'm certain arcade boards aren't very exciting for most.

Sega Lindbergh games
    [​IMG]

Sega Chihiro & Triforce games (missing Virtua Cop 3, Ollie King is the skateboarding game by the Jet Set Radio team)
    [​IMG]

Neo Geo MVS boxed collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last Survivor (extremely rare Sega arcade board, the only one that has shown up in the last decade which I am dumping for MAME)
    [​IMG]

Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case
    [​IMG]

Chanchai likes this.
  8. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Maybe this is quite rare...from when I had lunch with the president of Sega...

[​IMG]

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That could be the filthiest positive descriptor I've read. [​IMG]

10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Is it a positive though? Do you really want, 'shitty tits'?

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Fuck. No. I just know he meant that as a positive. It's a disgusting inbreeding of "That's the shit, man," and "That's tits."

12. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Forgive me, you truly know the greatness of Death Tank. Nothing is more satisfying then shooting a tank mid-flight. I have tears of joy right now. [​IMG]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Btw, the save that you needed wasnt from Quake, it's from Powerslave.</div></div>
    Oh I'm sure its from a Quake file. I never owned Powerslave. Powerslave actually had the original Death Tank hidden. The same developers did all three game for SS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The game Worms also tried to copy it, but it wasnt the same...</div></div>Worms and Death Tank are both predated by a MS-DOS game titled Scorched Earth (aka The Mother Of All Games)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the opening song... Man, the memories. Death TaNk!!! Deaaath tANK!!!! </div></div>
    I was so bummed the XBLA release did not include it. I also miss the "GROOVY" multi-kill bonus and Blitz-round soundbite.

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I own Orta and I've only played it for 10 minutes. [​IMG]

I keep meaning to play it and some other original XBOX titles I own but have never played (Jade Empire, JSRF, Shenmue 2) but where does one find the time. [​IMG]

14. Catch22

Shou, who the hell are you? Who the hell just has lunch with the President of Sega, and have them just hand you some shares? What do you do for a living? My god, I've never seen MVS carts with the original "throw away" boxes.

I'm with you, It should have been "Orta was the D-Cups man..."

You're shitting me right? I'm the same way. About 4 years ago, I got around to finish what everybody was calling the hardest games Sega made recently- Shinobi on PS2, and Gunvalkyrie for XBox. Then finished Nightshade on PS2, but since then, havnt finished anything. Got Shenmue 2 on Xbox, but finished that on DC. JSRF is sitting on the shelf, but only played the 1st level, even though I played the crap out of the Japanese Jet Set Radio. Same with Orta, played the 1st level only, despite 100%ing Panzer Zwei on the Saturn.

Still also have Bayonetta and Vanquish untouched. For me, I don't have the energy after work. You gotta get in a workout, when you get home, and you're just too tired. Days off you gotta do fix ups around the house, wash the car, etc.

Growing and being responsible up sucks
    ...BTW, me and you are both right... I just read an FAQ on Death Tank Zwei, and you can actually use a Quake or Powerslave game save. Or do what I did before I knew those methods, was smash every toilet in DNE.

15. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

I'm just a VF player who happens to know quite a bit about the gaming industry and appreciates game design enough to archive games into a personal museum. I also loan out my arcade collection to famous arcades in the Tokyo area and actively fund the indies development scene.

Some more random pics I just took

1 wall of my collection
    [​IMG]

Super Metroid Redesign in Earthbound sized box and Progear PCB
    [​IMG]

Hey, I have that Orta XBOX lying around too
    [​IMG]

Chanchai likes this.
  16. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    i don't have anything super rare and actually don't consider myself a collector as much as a player (I do intend to clear every single one of my 300+NES/famicom games at some point...well, ones that CAN be cleared, some games don't have endings) but I'm most happy with my copy of Gryzor (cause I love Contra and having the superior version is a must!), Gun-Nac (uncensored Famicom version), and a Game Handler, which is awesome since my NES skills are more advanced than my girlfriend's so it's a good equalizer...plus, you can do insane glitches in a lot of games with that thing just by moving the controller through space! I also have repros of Zombie Hunter (really fun game that's not near as hard as people make it out to be) and Summer Carnival '92: Recca (which IS as hard as people make it out to be)!

And...yeah...not much else to say. I'm not swayed by rarity, I won't pay ridiculous prices for a shitty game just to say I own it. If it's fun, I'll pay a fair price. I've been holding out on Metal Storm because people want way too much for it. It wasn't rare at all, but people sure act like it was rare. Assholes.

17. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

My perspective is to only buy what I like or appreciate in design not about how rare a given title is so seeing things like complete collection of N64 titles does nothing for me as 90% of that is trash or done better on a different platform. My policy is to not buy ports unless they provide a significantly different experience from the original game and go for the original format the game was produced on.

I've been waiting for a nice CIB Metal Storm myself. In Japan, imperfect copies already go for $50. Took me forever to get a good CIB copy of Spartan X 2.

18. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    nice! we used to play scorched earth on the school pc's in jr high lol

The game looks so much cooler when it's running like crap I think... those shots and explosions are too fast [​IMG]

19. Catch22

Yeah, for me, I'm not a collector per se, but I buy games farm fresh and I keep them. These games were played the heck out of. The games that I started to buy back not farm fresh are the 8-bit and 16 bit generation that many of us just simply threw away when we got the next generation.

After I saw my mistakes with letting my games go, I saved the rest of my library from the Saturn on... I was smart enough though to know not to discriminate back then and just buy the systems and enjoy them. I always thought it was stupid to choose a system, which is why so many missed out on the Saturn.

That being said, my collecting started with getting back the old 16-bit and 8-bit titles I used to play. Like you all, I don't really care if it's rare or expensive, it just has to have SENTIMENTAL VALUE... or be a title you always read about that was a "must play"... like Snatcher on Sega CD.

Anywayz.... I'm also a shooter fan... and these are semi-rare and fetch more that Ipaid for them- Thunderforce V and Sengoku Blade. I also had the sought after at that time Soukyugurentai, but gave that away to one of my internet buddies at the time (forget who... fuckin' memories are failing me!!!!!).

[​IMG]

AND THE PROVENANCE, yes, bought farm fresh from a place called CGN (Cyber Games Net) in Frisco, 7/97 and 8/97... most of you all were still in diapers. These were probably my first transactions on the internet. It's a shame I used the receipts as a notepad. LOL.
    [​IMG]

Now Koyori had the "shitty tits"...
    [​IMG]

20. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    oh shit I love sengoku blade, I have it too but it's not quite as presentable as yours so I didn't bother posting.

[​IMG]
    actually my only shmup PCB. works great in the neo cab.