1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Virtua Fighter 5 and X-Arcade Tankstick joystick doesnt work

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by WyvyrrnWarrior, Mar 19, 2015.

1. WyvyrrnWarrior

WyvyrrnWarrior New Member

I have the PS3 adapter, all the buttons work on this game. Every other fighting game, or arcade stick game such as the BlazeBlues, Street Fighters, Battle Fantasia,KOFs, etc work great. Only this one game the joystick is totally non-functional. I don't understand? - clueless

2. WyvyrrnWarrior

Additional information: I have the superslim model PS3. The joystick comes alive in hypervisor mode when the game is on, but upon return to the game, dead joysticks. i wonder if Sony or Sega blocked joystick usage in this game :meh:

3. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    is this VF5FS or just vf5? since vf5 was a launch title for the PS3 so it might just be a little funny about controllers - we're seeing this now with nextgen consoles incidentally...

4. Woodblock

Woodblock Member

I recently bought a x-arcade dual joystick with adapters and gutted the controller for the PCB, installing it in a game cab as I wanted an easy solution for two player configuration.

On the Xbox 360, X-arcade works fine with VF5 FS. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 to test.

If there is a problem, it's likely not due to anything done on SEGA's part regarding restrictive software banning any particular controller.

Very strange mystery.

5. WyvyrrnWarrior

Ok thanks Woodblock. Gonna pickup a 360 copy of the game as i have those adapters also-they are kinda odd as they run off the Playstaion 1/2 adapters. its just VF5, not VF5FS;haven't played that one. :)

Woodblock likes this.
  6. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    First off, my condolances for buying an X-Arcade.

On the actual topic, I'd first blame your stick and the converter for such issues due to it being a proprietary PC stick, but since it works on other games the problem is more likely due to athe game not supporting movement input from both dpad and analog stick, most modern fighting games including VF5FS do, but I'm not sure about vanilla 5. So it could be that your stick uses the analog stick to read movement inputs which the game may not support, hence you don't get any joystick response, I'd verify this using a PS3 pad and also checking the button config can you enable movement from the analog joystick if it's not on.

7. Woodblock

Woodblock Member

You're welcome. Yeah, it's interesting that the xbox 360 adapters run off ps2...though it's good that they are free of lag.

Like the single player modes for VF5. Just started playing VF5FS online yesterday. Quite the blast. Got so excited playing that I cramped my wrist. Great game.